MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SakisX Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 pm
Melody*Souljah wrote:Strange, because it's only happened after updating to 2.10.
Could you please explain the hardware or earthing (grounding) causes. Nothing in my set up changed except for updating. Thanks

Try to reset preferences first without anything connected to your MPC

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=199151
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=199626
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=211274
By eldomo Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:39 am
Not sure what might be causing that, but I'm believe I've seen others with this problem on the MPC One. You can however completely turn that screen off - just hold down the Q-LINK button and de-select 'SHOW Q-LINK STATUS WHEN TOUCHED'.

This work-around will do for now, thank you.

On a subsequent comment about Qlink stacking being hardware or power supply - related: what's the evidence? Unless I misunderstand what 'stacking' means here, this has the look and smell of a software bug, hasn't it.

Good day to you all,
El Domo
By Melody*Souljah Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 pm
Before changing the settings to stop the q-link strip from being active, I tried a reset. Before the reset, as soon as I touched the q-link, the screen would become unresponsive. After the reset I could touch a q link and the strip would appear and take perhaps 1second to disappear. Subsequent touches made the strip take longer to disappear each time until after about 5 touches, the main window would become unresponsive. The reset did have an effect, but didn't solve the issue. My mpc was completely stand-alone, only the power brick plugged in to power it. I had no hint of a problem until the update.
I really think this is a software problem.
By SakisX Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:02 am
Melody*Souljah wrote:Before changing the settings to stop the q-link strip from being active, I tried a reset. Before the reset, as soon as I touched the q-link, the screen would become unresponsive. After the reset I could touch a q link and the strip would appear and take perhaps 1second to disappear. Subsequent touches made the strip take longer to disappear each time until after about 5 touches, the main window would become unresponsive. The reset did have an effect, but didn't solve the issue. My mpc was completely stand-alone, only the power brick plugged in to power it. I had no hint of a problem until the update.
I really think this is a software problem.

If you are certain it is software bug, perform a downgrade and post the results on
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=199626
By Inflor Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:09 am
I find to save a 8 bar loop in looper take 10 min..anybody fix this?
By Bonsaipanda Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:00 pm
Melody*Souljah wrote:I really think this is a software problem.

One thing to always do when debugging interface issues is wiping all controls clean (preferably with a microfiber cloth), just to make sure that there is no excess grease from fingers causing a capacitance short on the surfaces.
By enzyme Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 am
I'm having a strange issue with the factory content on MPC One. If I create an empty project from the strip at the top of the main page, the browser stops showing the factory content. It only returns after a power cycle. The SD expansions show up fine.

Can anyone replicate/confirm this? I have only just started using that strip at the top of the main page, so I don't actually know if it's always been like this. Using 2.10.1.83 firmware
By enzyme Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:11 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Randomly missing expansions until reboot is definitely a thing, not been able to come up with specific steps to recreate this though, but have experienced it a few times.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure whats going on on my MPC One but as well as this happening, once the expansions have disappeared I'm getting occasional errors loading kits. Black screen then the 'recovered from an internal error' message. I'll contact support as theres clearly something not good going on.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:33 am
Many of these 'recovered from internal error' messages just indicate a system wide software bug was triggered which effectively crashed the entire MPC application. These happen all the time in the desktop software and it's likely to be the exact same random bugs that cause them in both environments. It's not necessarily an indication of a hardware problem. In the Mac version of the MPC software the entire MPC app often crashes and quits, with a crash report pop up. I assume the equivalent in standalone is for the MPC to reboot itself.

I use the software a lot and get these crashes all the time. For example bouncing a track to sample can work fine 99% of the time, but sometimes it just crashes the app. Happens completely randomly, so now before I bounce a track I will make sure I save the project first, on the assumption it will probably crash. Loading and replacing a program often crashes the app for me. This has been happening for years now, on multiple, independent installations, so have to assume it's purely software related. I don't have any other apps that are so precious and flakey.
By enzyme Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:26 pm
I contacted support anyway as I want to try and completely reset the unit. I did find a reset button under the info tab of preferences, but it only seems to reset the preferences. Tried reinstalling 2.10.1 but it doesn't make any difference. I have a feeling the default empty project is corrupted but theres no way to access it. Weirdly, even if I set up my own default template, the MPC doesn't seem to use it, it just loads the one that bugs out. I'm new to MPC world though so I may be doing something wrong.

Edit: I resaved the Template to the internal storage and now that works as expected, but the original issue persists, its not random, its triggered whenever I use the New button to start fresh. Kind of worrying as it leaves me thinking any project I start is going to corrupt at some point.
By Shoontz Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 pm
I think I might have found one. If I try to change parameters on a plugin in Ableton with my MPC Live the touchscreen and main rotary encoder still work but the Q Links no longer work.

Is anyone else running into this issue?
By enzyme Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:06 am
tinyboi wrote:I have the MPC ONE now with the 2.10 update and all synth content installed.

I have problems with the looper, where it would take unusually long to save a loop, sometimes not working at all.

I have yet to find a workaround for this issue.

Im using the focusrite 2i2 gen 2 over usb, but i would be surprised to hear that this could cause that problem. :hmmm:

I'm having this issue too, 2.10.1, looper just gets stuck on saving then when I check the SD, it has saved a file but its pitched up, not the original tempo, unusable.
Last edited by enzyme on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By enzyme Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 am
fmq75 wrote:The internal expansions (factory content and demos+templates) disappear very often.Only restart or remount brings them back.
Happens often after the unit was mounted to the computer or loading the SD card.

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having this issue every time I start a blank project.
By Inflor Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:56 pm
Can you fix exporting time on looper and bring a visual eq.,pls!!!