MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:54 am
srevnelaeril wrote:Did the upgrade yesterday, can't record/overdub anything! I've got a MPC Live. Reinstalled the update, reset the settings = same problem. How can I downgrade back to 2.9 ? (I don't have the file anymore).
What a waste of time... Next time, I'll wait before jumping on the latest upgrade. :x

Please read the posts earlier in this topic, we have already posted a fix for this
By srevnelaeril Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
srevnelaeril wrote:Did the upgrade yesterday, can't record/overdub anything! I've got a MPC Live. Reinstalled the update, reset the settings = same problem. How can I downgrade back to 2.9 ? (I don't have the file anymore).
What a waste of time... Next time, I'll wait before jumping on the latest upgrade. :x

Please read the posts earlier in this topic, we have already posted a fix for this

Thank you so much! :worthy:
By DeaDeus Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:32 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Can't reproduce this, just tested with some mpc2500 PGM files. These were made in the free JJOS, but shouldn't matter. If you're happy to upload one of these PGMs to dropbox or similar, I'll try them to see what's what.

Yep - here too, except - I do not use older MPC files.
- Basically: MPCX with an internal SSD where the folder Synth is placed as recommended.

First I was flashed - then I realised, that strings are getting destorted - and yes no plugin loaded :-)
Suddently the modwheel got funny by not resetting after bending it back to normal. The old TubeSynth has no issue with the modwheel. No CPU overload or else. Started a fresh project without - still the same. This morning - all normal.....so far.
Playing around with the HypeSynth bending some "macros" slightly touched another nob - baaam freeze and reset.
By Phlip Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:43 am
Re the mute bug discussion...Can’t reproduce here? Tested with 3 x tracks with same plugin program (& same preset) on those multiple tracks.

I can mute the separate tracks either by using the Mute page/pads.....or by tapping the onscreen Mute button in Main view....

If doing the latter you need to make sure you have Main’s little browser window on ‘tracks’ view (the little icon of 3 x track lanes) when hit ‘mute’, not ‘program’ (the little ‘4 x pad grid’ icon) view .....if Main’s browser window is on ‘program’ view, the mute button will mute the program across all tracks that are using it.

Dunno if that helps anyone or maybe I misunderstood the problem and been checking the wrong scenario?
By Menco Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:17 pm
Menco wrote:Have the same problem.

Programs I made in JJOS1, and even multisample programs I once bought here. Used to have no problems with the Live couple of years ago, and never with the Software.

Bought a brand new One yesterday, transferred a lot of folders to a brand new formatted (inside the MPC) SD Card. It is a micro though, don't know if that makes any difference. Used to have a micro SD with adapter inside the Live without any problems.

While experimenting trying to solve this I deleted one of the programs from the SD card, and dragged that same program from my computer to the SD card manually. After that I could load up the program without any problems. I tried to do that with other programs as well, but couldn't repeat the trick.

Ok, this what happened. Off course I also tried a factory reset a couple of times without any success. But, I found that 1 or 2 JJOS1 programs did load up perfectly. In the mean time I ran into other bugs, like erratic Q-link behavior and not being able to save a project. So another of couple resets later I wanted to film the load and crash thing to show a friend of mine when I was suddenly able to load in all the programs (except for one :hmmm: ) without any trouble.

I guess the cure here maybe an extra reset or two.
By Jumpercollins Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:50 pm
VST, AU plug-in of MPC 2.0 Not loading in any DAW tried Ableton Live 10, Bitwig 4, Reason 10 and Logic Pro X being rejected by all plug-in managers on a MBP running Mojave OS. Heard other people having the same problems.
By misterflibble Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:58 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
ACRE wrote:i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

apparently not a bug, by design.

I noticed this when playing Hype with my MPK Mini mkii. I thought it looked kinda cool, but it was weird.

How did you determine that this is by design?
By Monotremata Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm
misterflibble wrote:I noticed this when playing Hype with my MPK Mini mkii. I thought it looked kinda cool, but it was weird.

How did you determine that this is by design?

Because that's Pad Perform mode and that's how it works. For some reason every keygroup and plugin now defaults to Pad Perform mode when you create a track. Makes it nice and easy for playing in key but its starting to irritate me, I like chromatic dissonant notes that make no sense! I haven't used any of my outboard MIDI gear with the new update yet, but Im assuming it puts MIDI tracks into Pad Perform mode now too by default.

Speaking of new defaults.. Did anyone else's Pad Colors change? I had mine on the default 'Classic Velocity' and after 2.10 and resetting my prefs, everything is set now to 'Dim->Velocity' and everything is either colored blue or brown now.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:29 pm
Just a suggestion from a new user. It might be more efficient if there was a separate thread for each bug, so that bugs would be attached a unique id (the thread id), bugs could be referred to unambiguously with clickable links, it would be possible to check what the current status for each bug is, and the opening post of the thread would contain the "repro" i.e. steps to reproduce, or other description of what the bug is about. (Akai most certainly has a bug tracking system themselves, but if people want to do track bugs on a user forum, it will be more efficient with unique "objects" for each bug.)
By Cinetrax Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I guess that crosses win7 off the super-secret 'system requirements' list that they no longer publish for the MPC Software.

Please cross macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra as well off AkaI super-secret 'system requirements' list...
By billybob1973 Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm
Noticeable semi-regular audio clicks (E.g. once every 8-16 bars (@120BPM)) when using the MPC One with an external audio Interface.

Same behaviour with Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 and a Motu 8a at 44.1 khz with a variety of sample buffers.

Issue more noticeable when feeding an external instrument back into one of the audio tracks, but still present with a single track looping a single sample.

The clicks are generally accompanied by a MIDI sync blip, causing the MIDI slave clock to briefly dip to 116BPM from 120BPM.
By kidkeitel Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:26 am
None of my notes are being recorded. This is my SECOND MPCONE RETRO!
First one arrived with buzzing in the headphone out so they sent me a brand new one.
I literally just opened it to update straight out the box, loaded up some beats I had made on the first but couldnt RECORD any new notes. I reset preferences and all that, even tried loading one of the bullshit templates to see if it would work and it did for one pass then stopped.

SMFH
By foxes Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 am
Hi Guys,

I downloaded and installed update MPC V2.10.0.82 and I have been using MPC V2.9.1.4 with no issues on OS High Sierra 10.13.6. (I also have MPC Beats v2.8.3 installed as well)
After installation I’m only able to boot up MPC 2 in standalone.
Even though the AU (component), the VST and the AAX are in their correct folders I am unable to use it as a plug-in.
In Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (AU), MPC 2 does not show at all in the but MPC beats shows up fine.
In both Propellerhead Reason 10.4.1 and Reason Suite 11.3.9 (VST), trying to load MPC 2 gives me a message “Failed to open file” but again MPC Beats opens fine.
And in Pro Tools 2021.6 it causes Pro Tools to hang during the plug-ins scan and I have to ‘force quit’ PT then remove the MPC 2 AAX file from the PT plugin folder in order to boot up PT. And again MPC beats loads fine in Pro Tools.
I running OS Mojave 10.14.6
There definitely seems to be something wrong with AU, VST and AAX components on MPC 2.10.0.82
Is this a known issue or something else?

Thanks