MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QUEKOU Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 pm
[/quote]
No way to fix it ? I tried reset preferences but is still there the issue .[/quote]

I did reset preference as well. It did seem to be working normally at first but then the issue came back after minutes. so no fix that I know of. I am counting on AKAI to release an update to address all the bugs.
By VANVAS Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27 pm
Can I go to the 2.9.1 normally ? I mean just install like an update ?
By Monotremata Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:17 pm
QUEKOU wrote:
VANVAS wrote:Hello , I was reading whole thread and I think I can see something similar of what’s happens to me , when I start the mpc one , empty project and load a sample , you assign that sample to a pad , and try to insert some effects, for example a lp filter or whatever you want . When it is inserted , you go to the effect and try to tweaking , the q links changes to a tune knob , root note and another one I cannot remember right now . Always you insert some effect , the q link changes when You try to touch the knob , you want to change the filter and q links changes to another presets . I’m not setting any q link at the moment .
What I am doing is exit to the main page of the tracks and go to the insert another time , sometimes is working and sometimes not and you got another time the qlink change . Anyone knows this bug ? Can I make a video tonight ? You will see more clear . Sorry about my explanation.
Is there a way to fix this problem ? This is a pain working with .

This is happening to me as well since the new update. The Qlink dials get all wonky sometimes in especially in the Protgarm Edit screen.

I ran into this the other day. I was trying to edit an ADSR envelope in a program and saw the same thing. Looking at the parameters the Q Links kept changing too, I went back into Sample Edit and noticed the screen was on the Tune/BPM/Key detect page, and these are the parameters going to the Q Links. If you switch the bottom menu back to the main Sample Edit screen, the Q Links work again. I kept going back in to make sure this did it, and every time, if you leave Sample Edit on the tuning/bpm/pitch screen, the Q Links will change back over to those after you start touching them in Program Edit. I was only using Program Edit at the time so I didn't check if this happened in the main screen or any of the other editors, Ill have to try it later today and see.
By VANVAS Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:45 pm
I ran into this the other day. I was trying to edit an ADSR envelope in a program and saw the same thing. Looking at the parameters the Q Links kept changing too, I went back into Sample Edit and noticed the screen was on the Tune/BPM/Key detect page, and these are the parameters going to the Q Links. If you switch the bottom menu back to the main Sample Edit screen, the Q Links work again. I kept going back in to make sure this did it, and every time, if you leave Sample Edit on the tuning/bpm/pitch screen, the Q Links will change back over to those after you start touching them in Program Edit. I was only using Program Edit at the time so I didn't check if this happened in the main screen or any of the other editors, Ill have to try it later today and see.

Please AKAI PROFESSIONAL fix this and those bugs we are reporting because our life changes with these small big bugs things…. :nod: :fku:
We have to wait but please make an update !!!
:popcorn:
By dopeNL Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:52 am
You have to change the Q-Link back to screen. In the Q-Link manage page.
As
for some reason the update changes this default setting, and then the Q-Links are set differently than before.

Worked for me.
By ericjbertrand Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:19 pm
I have this current issue that I think is a bug in 2.10.1 but unsure. I'm on an MPC Live (v1). This is only the second time I've upgraded OS. I had been using 2.7 and I went to that from 2.6 something. Got my MPC used from someone who claimed to have beta tested for Akai. Not sure if that history is necessary but there it is.

So the issue is, I have a Drum Program that I am building. I go into Program Edit and then to the Effects page. There I choose 3 pads that have some chops on them with the "Edit Zones" (little icon at the top that looks like a google maps pin). So I have just the 3 pads selected and then choose an effect. The effect only works on the last pad I selected rather than the 3 selected in edit zones. Can someone confirm that is happening on their MPC Live as well? Not sure it would be hardware dependent but figured I'd start comparing apples to apples.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:21 pm
I don't think you can apply FX across multiple selected pads, I think they want to discourage it as it can become quite CPU intensive if people apply them across too many pads. But if you are determined to do this, you can apply the FX to each pad/keygroup one by one. If it's complex, create an FX rack or user presets etc.

ericjbertrand wrote:The effect only works on the last pad I selected rather than the 3 selected in edit zones. Can someone confirm that is happening on their MPC Live as well? Not sure it would be hardware dependent but figured I'd start comparing apples to apples.
By Col the Doctor Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:18 am
AIR Vocal Doubler causing audio dropouts and glitches.
Running 2.10 standalone.
CPU is down below 15%, but a single instance of the vocal doubler is causing glitches and drops in the audio out, nonetheless.
By Col the Doctor Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 am
Col the Doctor wrote:AIR Vocal Doubler causing audio dropouts and glitches.
Running 2.10 standalone.
CPU is down below 15%, but a single instance of the vocal doubler is causing glitches and drops in the audio out, nonetheless.

I fixed this by inserting a highpass before the doubler. It's strange behaviour, but the doubler simply does not do well with low frequencies. Not sure why. I also tried attenuating the signal (a lot!) before the doubler, thinking it was an overload problem, but this did nothing. I guess it really is a vocal doubler and not a percussion/bass doubler.
By dopeNL Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Q-Linls

From what I have expirance with this same error / BUG
However it was a setting in the Q-Link page,
I change the Q-Links to SCREEN and this solved it for me..
By Norman Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:27 am
Komatos Records wrote:
Norman wrote:Hi!
Following issue: i loaded approx. 320MB of small one shot drum samples into my template, 4096 files. I had 2 'mpc recovered From an error' messages during loading but most of the time the template is loaded after 2 mins and everything First seems to Work fine. But after some mins just triggering the loaded drum Sounds, the CPU load is increasing and increasing until you cannot continue working and i was only triggering the sounds, no fx added or something Else. 32% RAM usage and it starts with 12-17% CPU usage, after the template with All the drums is loaded - increases with no Limit, just playing the sounds - any idea? I dont know if this issue already existed witg older FW ver, im using 2.10.1 thanks!

This is an ongoing issue I believe (ie not specifically related to latest firmware). With the 13 built-in demo styles there is also a “default” drum kit set that has samples assigned to all 128 pads (16 pads x 8 banks). I have tested this across multiple firmware versions since purchasing my MPC X back in April 2019. If you press each pad once (or a couple of times) to hear the samples assigned to each pad, by the time you get to Bank F or G the CPU has reached between 75-100+ % and the samples start glitching. No other kits/demo styles seem to cause that issue. I surmise it’s due to the large numbers of samples assigned to pads, although if only 2-4 are playing samples at any given time I don’t know why the CPU gets overloaded. The memory never budges over 35% so it’s not like the RAM is near full. Maybe some extremely long inaudible tails or effects on samples? I haven’t looked into why it happens with just that kit, to be honest.

I only have short drum samples in my kits but it seems to work fine now. For some reason i never had the CPU issue again since i finished my template with my fav drum kits. Its also possible to fix it by just saving and loading the project again - havent tested the purge function yet but i guess it will only free the RAM. The First time loading all my 4096 fav Samples into mpc x takes 2:02min and the 2nd time, mpc only needs 40sec. I love it, no more searching for drums using the Browser, just directly triggering them and playing around!
By Monotremata Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:57 am
dopeNL wrote:Q-Linls

From what I have expirance with this same error / BUG
However it was a setting in the Q-Link page,
I change the Q-Links to SCREEN and this solved it for me..

Mine was set to Screen hah. But all you need to do is change it to anything and back and it 'fixes' it. Im just getting in the habit of not leaving the sample editor on the tuning page.
By antonio.msfn Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:21 pm
Hello,

I have an akai mpc live, and before the latest update I worked just fine in controller mode with ableton.
Now, when I want to play in controller mode with ableton it runs a message thath "MPC PROJECT IS MISSING PLUG-IN FILES" like odyssey, air stutter, etc...
If I am in controller mode with just the mpc software it´s fine, but with ableton that message appears and my project is blank in all programs...
I already updated ableton from 10 to 11 and still have this problem.
Can someone please help me?
By jamos Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:40 pm
Here's a stinker. I have a big project, 6 minute song, 8 tracks of audio and multiple MIDI tracks. I need to insert 6 bars at the beginning.... but when I do so the Do It button lights, the Tap Tempo continues to blink, but the instrument is otherwise unresponsive. I tried waiting about 10 minutes, no joy. Did not happen in earlier versions. Any suggestions? Do I have to wait longer?