MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By D3V1L15H Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:40 am
my bad if i missed a fix for this.... but...

updated 2.10, go to controller mode, launch mpc software on PC, now it says my hardware cant be found in the preferences menu when i select device (akai pro mpc live ASIO). The MPC still controlls everything in the windows mpc software but i get NO sound coming out. I tried every sound output on windows (headphones, monitor, etc etc), nothing.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:56 am
Caio Formiga wrote:
I don't now if this is a "bug" or just a fail in the new software project, but I used to use a lot an option (it was a folder written MPC at the top right) that allowed me to show contents of saved projects. That way I could load a program from other project.

I searched all the options to see if there was a new one to do this, but I couldn't find... :?

Click on the gear icon that is there instead, there are several options here including to show/hide project folders
By DJ_NinoBrown Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 am
it's happening to me every which way, legacy projects, and new ones from the demo projects and also started from scratch projects
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:35 am
DJ_NinoBrown wrote:it's happening to me every which way, legacy projects, and new ones from the demo projects and also started from scratch projects

Are you talking about the disarmed track bug? Demo projects are legacy projects. Can you remember what you were doing in a new project when it happened? So far we know that clearing a sequence definitely triggers this in any project.
By kday Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:38 pm
2.10 is full of bugs. One I've encountered is the Program Mute Bug. When creating a new program and assigning loaded wav files into each pad and then selecting each pad before you assign the wav file to that pad, to create a new program, the program goes mute and you no longer get a sound out of the Program routing. If you change the routing to OUTS 1/2, from Program, then you can hear the sounds of your program once again. But the Program routing output remain muted as if some type of glitch cutoff the Program outputs. This happened twice.

Another one is saving created Programs, I loaded an old program back up and most all the sounds are gone. I have to reexamine that one.
By Col the Doctor Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:06 pm
Col the Doctor wrote:OK I'm pretty sure at this point that this is a bug and not user error:

TLDR: insert FX change when resampling.

Directions:
Open new project. Create plugin program, lets use a the clap synth since its good for pinging FX.
Create a clap with no tail so we don't get confused about where our reverb is coming from.
Open your sampler, set to resample L+R.
Drop an the AIR flanger into the sampler insert, set it up for a slow wandering thing with lots of feedback so we can clearly hear the LFO cycle, mix at 50% for maximum flange sound.
Now set up the auto sampler. As soon as it starts its routine, the flange has changed. Notice that the LFO resets with every note-on, and that the FX wet/dry has changed.
OK lets try the spring reverb. Set it to 100% wet.
Hit go on the autosampler and we can clearly hear the dry in the mix, and the diffusion has changed.

I feel like when we enter autosample mode, the insert FX are defaulting to some preset. But that still doesn't explain the LFO reset on the flange.

Hoping someone can recreate this and tell me it's all my mistake!
Cheers,
Colin

Bumping this. Really hoping someone can confirm this behavior.
By Lordkaoz Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:25 am
MPC stuck on Loading Screen.

I attempted to do a software upgrade and as it was upgrading, I unplugged the power because they loading feature had seemed to stall. I turned the MPC One back on and it’s been a stuck on the loading screen since then. Please help
By roecityryder Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:30 pm
I just installed the upgrade and now it's crashing both daws that I use. I tried Logic Pro and Studio One and it crashes on both. It won't load as a vst and it looses midi connection as well. Anyone else having this issue?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:47 pm
roecityryder wrote:I just installed the upgrade and now it's crashing both daws that I use. I tried Logic Pro and Studio One and it crashes on both. It won't load as a vst and it looses midi connection as well. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, lots of existing topics about this all over the forum ATM.
By Jay Zen Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:58 pm
2.10 midi bugs:

It’s STILL impossible to me, regardless the settings, to separate incoming midi, it’s always routed to the channel I touch, so that I can‘t tune instruments, acting like „forced global“ midi...it’s extremely annoying!

This and the correct detection of plugged controllers can be really done by cleaning up the midi implementation.

Docu of the midi bugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HE1qF_a6J0

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=210361&fbclid=IwAR3YNY5ATfblOIH5VU2ek0yDqrzN3E5zH5kLYFAnCLz6oUvrRRR2EptI9RY

Hope dies last...
By Scott Righteous Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 pm
My third use after updating and I had my first straight up no reason crash.

I hadn't even loaded anything up yet on my MPC Live, was going to the browse menu - screen went black. A minute or so later got the message "Your MPC has recovered from an internal error", and then I was back.

I have never had this before, and really never had a full on crash before, so I assume it's related to the update.
By Mesteves77 Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:33 pm
I've been having this issue, and even after contacting a few people and see if it was a user error of my own, I have concluded the update has this problem might only be happening on MPC LIVE (I).

After resetting MPC preferences, setting up the whole MIDI port configuration, having the MPC LIVE as a Master sequencer, the rest of the gear as slaves, I can't start external sequencers from the "Play Start" button on the MPC as I did before the update.

This happens to both MIDI Out A straight into an external sequencers (Beatstep pro) and Midi Out B towards my Synth with in built sequencer (SE-02).

I have double checked all the configurations on the external gear, they are set to slaves, and the gear actually responds to midi note messages that come from the MPC (I can play both the synth and Beatstep pro using MPC's pads and the keyboard that is plugged into the MPC's MIDI IN 1).

I have also double checked all MIDI configurations on the MPC Midi/Sync tab: None of the MPC inputs are set to Master (which would be my keyboard) which is only set to "track". And all the outputs (MPC A, MPC B - which corresponds to MIDI out A and MIdi out B), are being Synced and Tracked.

Midi Send is set to Midi Clock, at 30 drop.

I have tried different Track Arming (both Recording, with In, Auto and Merge functions) with no avail.

All this used to work just before the update, so I guess it has something to do with it. The people who have got it working and tried helping me are on the MPC one, and using the same configuration as this people has led me nowhere.

Anyone got the same issue? My MPC is pretty much useless right now, since it is my master clock.
By stardice Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:54 pm
On Macbook with Mojave OS,Plugins Crash my daw..both AU and VST..Both in logic and Ableton every time i try!!
By mpace Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 pm
- Not being able to preview pad sensitivity- pads shut down
- Not being able to send MIDI OUT Messsages through Virtual MIDI Ports (MPC LIVE II PUBLIC OUT) to MIDI capable software on MAC while in Software Mode!
- drag/copy notes using option/alt and mouse used to exist- why has it been removed? Please add optional setting
- if you change shortcuts, make them customizable key shortcuts
- resets Presets on external Analog Gear soon as you hit record on ANY track
- Rec Arm stays on last track. You have to manually arm new track or you overdub old one.
- Erratic Note On Messages causing an endless loop of whatever notes were last triggered - through REGULAR MIDI OUT PORTS -- To UNITOR AMT8--Loop can only be stopped by switching outputs. Not even Unitor Panic Switch can turn it off