MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

Q

By marguloops Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:24 pm
YakirBT wrote:Hi everyone,
An issue with Q links (Project mode)
Firmware 2.10 MPC Live Standalone mode:
-reset preferences - done.
-opening empty project.
-assigning q links in project mode (tried several destinations)
-saving project
-shut down mpc
-turning back on and load the saved project.
-Q links missing. Forgotten.

Anyone else has encountered this issue?
Thanks in advance

*My last hope on my side is to make some free space in the internal drive. Gonna try it out and update if it helped.

Yes, I believe that I (and another user on the Reddit MPC forum) have both found this issue, but described it a little differently.

Effect parameters for plugins on Return and Submix tracks cannot be mapped. Or rather, they *can* be mapped but cannot be recalled when the project is re-opened the next time.

This applies to both Q-Links and MIDI Learn. I first discovered this problem with MIDI Learn because I have a performance template that uses MIDI mappings to both Submix and Return effects, none of which work when the project is loaded in MPC 2.10.

I then used Q-Links on the Project page hoping it would serve as a workaround and found the exact same problem: the parameter can be assigned to the knob, and works until you close the project or shut down the MPC. The next time the project is opened, they don't work.

I mention this as a problem with mapping effect parameters on Submixes and Returns because of my performance template uses MIDI Learn mappings to mixer parameters (volume, mute, etc.) on these track types and they work just fine. The other user I discussed this problem with experimented with mapping effect parameters on other track types (Drum, Keygroup) and found them to work fine and be saved properly.

This is what I know so far! Very curious to know if anyone else has discovered related issues and can help zero in on exactly what's going on here. It's a huge bummer for me that will probably drive me back to 2.9.1
By Shlo Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:47 pm
Numerous bugs...... To the point where I want to sell all my Akai gear.....
By Jack Scenario Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:18 pm
Droe33 wrote:Had a crash today. First time I think I've ever truly had one in the 3 years of having my X.
I was taking breaking, resampling/flattening pads then when I went to chop or flatten a pad it crashed. I cant exactly what was my last step before the crash but i literately only loaded one break into the machine.

No big deal. But I'm gonna look into it.

Hi,

Same here - never had a crash i 3 years using 2.8 versions. Updated to 2.10 and several crashes and lost work (flashes and and says "device recovered from an internal error"/ Work gone). The tried 2.9.1 and also had crash. It crashes when loading various soundbanks/drum kits both internally and from sd card..bummer
By Faided Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:47 am
as soon as i load the mpc vst in my daw fl studio stops working but if i run an older version of mpc 2.0 everything works....
By Droe33 Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:54 pm
I had issues loading drum programs where the programs didnt have files in them. I think its because I was using a template I made before this update. I did resave/overwrite the template but I guess that wasnt maybe good enough and I gotta make a new one from scratch. The crash was when I was resampling drums but using the pad flatten button. I had 5 pads with the same drumlp resampled over and over and at one point when I did something it crashed. I think I was flattening the pad again, or I was attempting to chop the break up. I dont have much faith in these new mpc's after that and a couple other odd behaviors that have popped up. Maybe once more bugs are address. The bugs havent gotten in my way the last week or 2 so its not very often.
By Techn Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:52 am
MPC Live - Standalone

Having a reoccurring problem with a Q Link, the 2nd one down starts to randomly change the root note of the sample instead of what its suppose to be controlling. I dont have any custom Q Link set up, just as standard.

Had 2 instant shutdowns in the last week, it has happened before but very rarely.
By AnfMusic Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:03 pm
MIDI out has stopped working on this update for myself. Tried a couple of cables but its not detecting the port in the firmware.
By Buzzard Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:35 pm
When using pads to play notes with SOLINA there's a huge volume jump at G#2...

Is this happening to anyone? Am I dumb?
By bigtaurus Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:56 am
I just got the Live II so I am not sure if what I am about to relay is standard operation for the newer MPCs. I should start by saying that I normally use the 2000. I just got the Live II and installed the firmware update. As I test the recording and overdubbing functions, I notice that when I hold the ERASE button, it does not erase in record mode. I am used to being able to hold ERASE, then press down whatever pad I want to erase at exactly that point in the loop. You know what I'm saying? I know you know what I mean if you used an MPC before.

And now, videos I've looked up seem to talk like if you want to erase, you press ERASE to open the erase menu, then somehow tell it what note you want to erase. I'm like, wut. Is it just me, or should I be able to erase notes live in record mode?
By 517BigDez Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 am
+1

If you hit "export" then either "edit" or "keep" you won't get this and can access the file on the regular sample edit window.

tinyboi wrote:I have the MPC ONE now with the 2.10 update and all synth content installed.

I have problems with the looper, where it would take unusually long to save a loop, sometimes not working at all.

I have yet to find a workaround for this issue.

Im using the focusrite 2i2 gen 2 over usb, but i would be surprised to hear that this could cause that problem. :hmmm:
By NearTao Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:45 am
If it is playing a sequence, while on a track with notes you want to delete... hold ERASE and the note(s) that you want to erase. It may feel finicky at first, but if you practice it you can cut note(s) pretty well this way.
By bigtaurus Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:32 pm
NearTao wrote:If it is playing a sequence, while on a track with notes you want to delete... hold ERASE and the note(s) that you want to erase. It may feel finicky at first, but if you practice it you can cut note(s) pretty well this way.

That's what I expected to happen, however I realized thanks to you that I didn't have TRACK highlighted, and that's why it wasn't working. Crisis averted.
By AJC Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:40 pm
I have this exact same problem. Your answer does not solve the problem of exporting to a the sd card. This worked a charm be fore the update. It has just taken me 25 minutes to save an 8 bar loop to my sd drive.

517BigDez wrote:+1

If you hit "export" then either "edit" or "keep" you won't get this and can access the file on the regular sample edit window.

tinyboi wrote:I have the MPC ONE now with the 2.10 update and all synth content installed.

I have problems with the looper, where it would take unusually long to save a loop, sometimes not working at all.

I have yet to find a workaround for this issue.

Im using the focusrite 2i2 gen 2 over usb, but i would be surprised to hear that this could cause that problem. :hmmm:
By fmq75 Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:18 am
i just had my first black screen and the"recovered from internal error" message.

While i did nothing more than,starting the One,created a new project and load a kit from an official expansion (nu skillz).That`s pretty nasty...