MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By antic604 Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:19 am
Unfortunately I'm away on holidays until the end of the month so can't verify myself, but I've seen 2 people on Reddit claiming that as of 2.10 MPC One also got Ableton Live Control Integration, just needs to be connected via Ethernet cable to your computer. There's NOTHING about it in announcement, release notes or user manual; so I'm sceptical...

Can anyone confirm or deny it? Thanks!
By El Gie Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 pm
It „kinda” works. The option is now available and I’m trying to figure it out right now. Even on Akai’s site (registered product) they have added a pdf explaining how to do it and a new Akai midi network driver .. so it’s suppose to work. But at least on my Mac it fails - Network Midi Driver app shows up completely blank (without connection prefs mentioned in that pdf manual) so I’m stuck and the devices can not pair through ethernet. Maybe it’s the Big Sur causing trouble, not sure yet. I’ll check it with PC in next days. Maybe the problem is with ethernet connection (I used ethernet from One’s „ableton link slot” because I don’t have USB-to-ethernet module mentioned in that pdf). I’ll keep posted if I manage to finally do it.
By bertiebassett Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:47 pm
Works great, actually really simple to setup, at least on a Mac. Download and install the driver, make sure WiFi is on on the MPC (or use Ethernet), run the Network MIDI app once to make sure your MPC is detected and that's it. The PDF instructions said to configure Ableton Live in preferences to use the MPC as a controller, but for me it was already setup and ready to go.
By ace_of_dub Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:13 am
bertiebassett wrote:Works great, actually really simple to setup, at least on a Mac. Download and install the driver, make sure WiFi is on on the MPC (or use Ethernet), run the Network MIDI app once to make sure your MPC is detected and that's it. The PDF instructions said to configure Ableton Live in preferences to use the MPC as a controller, but for me it was already setup and ready to go.

There is no WIFI on the MPC One. The only option is an ethernet cable from the MPC to the computer.
By NewAkaiUser Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:There is no WIFI on the MPC One. The only option is an ethernet cable from the MPC to the computer.

Not exactly. I have recently discovered that you can also share the Internet from your Android phone using a USB cable (tethering usb).
For example, Splice synchronizes without any problem 8)
By kvantoompc Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:12 pm
Hi guys,

How did you get the Network config app for the computer side?
Manual states not supported feature on ONE/+, no mention of this addition in release notes, app not available (ONE+). I'm very surprised that anyone could get it working... :shock: