MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By antic604 Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Yo antic. Whatsup with the 604 on your name? Area code?

No. It's often used to mean "Goa", as in Goa-Trance style of music, which is what I'm mostly into :)
By Ultros Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 am
HUBA wrote:So it's been 5 months and not a word from Akai AFAIK. Would that suggest that they most likely have decided to put this on the shelf if not ditch it all together?

they discovered the force keyboard image last christmas and we've not seen hide nor hair of the "force 6" keyboard either.
By Danoc Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:45 am
Most important is the key bed on this thing. :popcorn: :smoker:

antic604 wrote:https://www.synthanatomy.com/2021/07/akai-pro-mpc-key-61-firmware-2-10-leaks-new-mpc-keyboard-sampler-workstation.html

WOW if true! :shock: :worthy:
By heygorilla Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:49 pm
I'd prefer a 37 mini key workstation version of the MPC Live 2, but the most important thing is that it comes in old skool beige. I used to play around on an Akai AX73, the partner to ?s1000 (maybe earlier, maybe s900 or s612). It was a drag to programme without knobs but it looked lovely.
By Ultros Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:56 am
Certified Beatz wrote:I just cannot see this taking off at all with all that's out now for the X, live, force & MPC one... plus all akai controllers I don't see the keyboard version being a hit..

As much as i want one just out if wanti-ness, you're right certified. Why bother buying the giant ass keyboard version when most of us already own a giant ass keyboard or more. Where are you gonna put it? It doesn't exactly fit next to a keyboard in the age-old mpc / synth configuration. I think after a few months it'd become very apparent that it was an unneeded purchase for anyone who owns a pile of other things they want to sample within comfortable reach of the mpc.