MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By karlscott Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Hi Guys

I have been on MPC X 2.6 software for an eternity and thought today was the day that i would upgrade to 2.10 (Software and firmware).

Major problem now is that I cannot save any projects lol when i do this i get an error message come up on screen saying "Error saving MPC Project".

I am at a loss here or am i missing something, please help many thanks Karl.
By EnochLight Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 pm
karlscott wrote:Hi Guys

I have been on MPC X 2.6 software for an eternity and thought today was the day that i would upgrade to 2.10 (Software and firmware).

Major problem now is that I cannot save any projects lol when i do this i get an error message come up on screen saying "Error saving MPC Project".

I am at a loss here or am i missing something, please help many thanks Karl.

After updating to 2.10, did you go under your Preferences and do a "reset"? This is strongly recommended. Also, what are you trying to save to?
By karlscott Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:06 pm
im in controller mode, i just done the reset preferences in standalone and its still doing same thing!!!
By karlscott Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:12 pm
workaround is i have to re save any old projects to same location after deleting the original, what a pain in the arse!!!!!
By EnochLight Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:55 pm
OK, so you're in Controller Mode - is this on PC or MacOS? Have you tried saving your Project directly from your MPC Software? Are you sure this isn't a folder rights issue on your computer?
By karlscott Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:14 pm
Problem solved, remove any special characters in file directory path my folders was called **Beats** and is now called just beats with no stars, all working perfectly.

Thanks for the help.
By EnochLight Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:29 pm
karlscott wrote:Problem solved, remove any special characters in file directory path my folders was called **Beats** and is now called just beats with no stars, all working perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Ahhh yes - good catch. Glad you got things sorted!
By D3V1L15H Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:23 pm
karlscott wrote:workaround is i have to re save any old projects to same location after deleting the original, what a pain in the arse!!!!!

to be on the safe side, dont use special characters in the filename either. This fixed the issue for me.
By RODDYRA Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:43 pm
What if you don’t have any special characters and you still can’t save to projects? Menu- Save- - Projects-Error?
By 40Beatz Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 pm
He's probably tryin to save his projects to the Internal Drive which is probably Full?