MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Thomey B Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:16 pm
Hello to everyone,
I just updated my MPC mk1 with the 2.10 update and I must admit I am impressed!
However, I cannot update the MPC software on my Mac Mini 2011, which is running High Sierra 10.13.6.
It says that the file is not compatible with my version of MacOs. I do not want to update to Big Sur (I am not sure I can, actually). Am I in a stalemate here?
By Smackdee Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:01 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Your Mac can only go up to high Sierra so it sounds like you need a newer Mac mini. 2012 model supports Mojave and Catalina. I can confirm that 2.10 runs on Mojave no problem.

Yeap running Mojave and 2.10 as well with no problems...
By Jimimidi Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:58 am
I'm having the same issue, MPC as Audio Unit ic crashing ever since I updated to 2.10.
It runs fine standalone, but crashes when launching Logic or Live. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still crashes and fails the AU Validation in Logic and crashes Live completely if I open MPC.
I am using a Mac Pro (the black garbage can) running Mojave.
Any ideas or solutions? I have not tried any "fixes" with Terminal or file editing, so if any one has a resolution, that'd be great. Obviously, others are running it with Mojave without it crashing.
Thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 am
Jimimidi wrote:I'm having the same issue, MPC as Audio Unit ic crashing ever since I updated to 2.10.
It runs fine standalone, but crashes when launching Logic or Live. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still crashes and fails the AU Validation in Logic and crashes Live completely if I open MPC.
I am using a Mac Pro (the black garbage can) running Mojave.
Any ideas or solutions? I have not tried any "fixes" with Terminal or file editing, so if any one has a resolution, that'd be great. Obviously, others are running it with Mojave without it crashing.
Thanks.

This isn't the same issue. This topic is about the MPC Software 'standalone' application being incompatible with High Sierra. Your issue is specifically regarding the plugin, which seems to be crashing across the board.
By BoxBeater Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am
There are ways to update your Mac to a newer OS, even if your Mac is not supported. I did this on girlfriends mac following instructions I found on Google and it worked fine. Don't remember exact site sorry, but this is one of the downsides to Apple products
By MPC-Tutor Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:42 am
Eventually you just have to upgrade your hardware, the older macs just don't have the grunt to handle the newer operating systems. Plus app developers want to use new features available in macos and that often means having to drop support for older OS versions which didn't support those newer features, which is likely what's happened with the MPC Software. It's just one of the things you have to deal with eventually, unless you are happy to run older versions of your favourite apps. You want High Sierra? Then stick with MPC 2.9. You want MPC 2.10? Cheapest option is to buy yourself a secondhand 2012 Macbook/mac mini etc for £250 (Catalina maximum though).