MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Zack Zerox Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:44 pm
Well, I'd been using my Tascam Model 12 without any noticeable problems until today. Recorded a load of guitar (via the M12 of course) into the looper. Started to get glitches (crackles) on playback.

All recordings are good (plays fine with internal interface). System resources did not appear at all taxed (a very light project). I was using several ins and outs simultaneously, whether that has any bearing I don't know.

It really does seem like Akai need to optimise their drivers, and/or allow manual buffer settings. Hopefully things will improve with later updates.
By steveyp Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm
Roland MX-1 - DOES NOT work for audio... :/

1) Initially fails due to default 96KHz audio setting.
2) Changed setting to 44.1KHz (Power on with "Gain" button held down, press "BFX" button and use value knob to scroll to "44" setting, press "Start/Stop" to save setting).
3) Allows you to select the MX-1 from the audio device menu but then crashes and returns to default setting.

Not suprising given reports of the TD-8S and general commentary about Roland devices not being class-compliant... If only there was some standard they could implement so this stuff all just worked... *rolls eyes.

Interested to know if the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - 3rd Gen USB works... could be a replacement for my Saffire 56 Firewire I/F but haven't seen specific comment anywhere to confirm?
By valvenis Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:22 pm
Unfortunately I have been getting drop outs with the 18i20 on the force. I flashed the LiveXplore to change various ALSA settings such as bit depth, buffer size etc. and I still had the same drop out issues. This led me over to the linuxmusicians thread discussing issues with the 18i20 (but potentially other 3rd gen scarletts?): https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 3b07b024e0.

From the thread it seems like this is the issue but requires a patch:
This could be an incorrect synchronization type in usb descriptors (like with Scarlett Solo 2nd gen), or maybe the device is using an implicit feedback.

Fortunately someone wrote a patch that has had some success with other linux users. However I can not patch the kernel without the source since that is on akai's side and not some random linux distribution.

Summary:
This is a linux (what all the modern devices run on live, one, force, x etc) specific issue. The fix is out there though and it is just a matter of time when it goes to the official linux kernel release and then when akai decides to update their kernel version.
By Kcearl Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:52 am
valvenis wrote:Unfortunately I have been getting drop outs with the 18i20 on the force. I flashed the LiveXplore to change various ALSA settings such as bit depth, buffer size etc. and I still had the same drop out issues. This led me over to the linuxmusicians thread discussing issues with the 18i20 (but potentially other 3rd gen scarletts?): https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 3b07b024e0.

From the thread it seems like this is the issue but requires a patch:
This could be an incorrect synchronization type in usb descriptors (like with Scarlett Solo 2nd gen), or maybe the device is using an implicit feedback.

Fortunately someone wrote a patch that has had some success with other linux users. However I can not patch the kernel without the source since that is on akai's side and not some random linux distribution.

Summary:
This is a linux (what all the modern devices run on live, one, force, x etc) specific issue. The fix is out there though and it is just a matter of time when it goes to the official linux kernel release and then when akai decides to update their kernel version.

Which generation of 18i20?
By BJamminSinceBirth Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:30 am
So will it not work if you use a anything higher than 44.1k?

bendevu wrote:iConnectivity iConnect4+ works
for multitrack recording to MPC
if you first switch settings to 44.1khz in iConnect software.

Allen&Heath Xone:PX5 also works and also for multitrack recording.

BUT !

The A&H only records everything PRE faders and eq’s since that's all analog on the A&H !!

But that's also the case recording to any other DAW. 
Such a missed chance from A&H.
If they would have routed everything to their sound card POST fader and eq, it would have been an awesome live and studio mixer/interface..