MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Silence infernal Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:22 am
dilingdong wrote:I just got my hands on a Lexicon Omega audio interface and can report that I get distortion and clicks on playback on os 2.11.7.
So it doesn't really work.

dilingdong wrote:is this only for 3rd gen? I've got a 1st gen 6i6 and getting clicks n pops on playback.

I don't think 1st gen. Scarlett interfaces have a Mass Storage Device mode... But I confirm the click n pops problem is also present with 1st gen. 18i8 with releases 2.11.6 and 2.11.7.

Firmware 2.11.4 is the last that is working almost perfectly for me with my Scarlett 18i8.

You could try both your audio interfaces with 2.11.4 (see my previous post for Akai download links : https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1855344&sid=395113127670bb5207a2fc9765b8749c#p1855344).

One downside of downgrading to 2.11.4 is losing the MiniD and FlavorPro plugins if you have bought them.
By dilingdong Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:25 am
Silence infernal wrote:
dilingdong wrote:I just got my hands on a Lexicon Omega audio interface and can report that I get distortion and clicks on playback on os 2.11.7.
So it doesn't really work.

dilingdong wrote:is this only for 3rd gen? I've got a 1st gen 6i6 and getting clicks n pops on playback.

I don't think 1st gen. Scarlett interfaces have a Mass Storage Device mode... But I confirm the click n pops problem is also present with 1st gen. 18i8 with releases 2.11.6 and 2.11.7.

Firmware 2.11.4 is the last that is working almost perfectly for me with my Scarlett 18i8.

You could try both your audio interfaces with 2.11.4 (see my previous post for Akai download links : https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1855344&sid=395113127670bb5207a2fc9765b8749c#p1855344).

One downside of downgrading to 2.11.4 is losing the MiniD and FlavorPro plugins if you have bought them.

Ok I've just downgraded to 2.11.4 and now the Scarlett 6i6 and the Omega works. Well...

1) 6i6 works with all the 4 analog inputs and 4 outputs. Sadly on the digital input I get nothing. When I connect with the mac, I only can monitor signal coming in on digital with 48k, not with 44.1. Any ideas why? I'm using a Analog to Digital convertor for this purpose.
Then I left it as 48k and connect with the mpc, and still don't get anything on channels 5&6. I guess it's because it switches back to 44.1.

2) Omega is recognised by the MPC but I don't know why I'm not getting any audio ins from any of the audio input. Using the same AD converter, I can monitor inputs coming in on all the 6 channels but nothing goes into the MPC.

Are you using your 18i8 in 2.11.4? Which gen is that? I would like 2 more inputs and I see 18i8 1st gen 2nd hand in my area.
or I could see if I can find a used UMC 1820, but I'm worried about sound quality of behringer. So far Focusrite sounds the best to me.
By Blups Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:30 am
Ultros wrote:Picked up a behringer umc 1820, seems to be working good. No adat expansions though so no word on that.

Good news. What firmware are you using ? I'm on 2.11.4. I noticed some pops when the ADAT button is pushed, but it seems OK when on SPDIF.
I wonder if it works on 2.11.7
By Tharius B Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:12 pm
Hello,

Presonus Studiolive 24 series 3 is recognised, mpc can assign it's individual channels, but.. gives distorted sound in the low frequencies..

Studiolive AR16usb is recognised but mpc only recognises channel 1/2 or 1L 2R.. also mpc cut's connection and falls back to internal interface..

I surely hope a solution will come..
By MarSBeatz Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:55 pm
Presonus AR8c works fine. 6 Ins and 4 Outs are available from witch 8 channels can be used simultaneously. You can also go analoge and use pfl and control room out to sample from the "super channel" thats not available over the usb interface as an input. Great combination.

Jesushparker wrote:Presonus ar12 not working. On some reboots I can get it operating with zero pops and clicks but most of the time it is just constant clicks. Totally insane that Akai can sell this saying that it supports class compliant interfaces. This is the feature that made me push “buy now”. I hope everyone on this forum with these issues has raised a ticket with Akai. Just give us a buffer setting! I would take slightly lower latency over unusable audio any day.
By audiohack Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pm
MarSBeatz wrote:Presonus AR8c works fine. 6 Ins and 4 Outs are available from witch 8 channels can be used simultaneously. You can also go analoge and use pfl and control room out to sample from the "super channel" thats not available over the usb interface as an input. Great combination.

Jesushparker wrote:Presonus ar12 not working. On some reboots I can get it operating with zero pops and clicks but most of the time it is just constant clicks. Totally insane that Akai can sell this saying that it supports class compliant interfaces. This is the feature that made me push “buy now”. I hope everyone on this forum with these issues has raised a ticket with Akai. Just give us a buffer setting! I would take slightly lower latency over unusable audio any day.

Have you tried recording into your MPC from the Presonus AR8c over USB? Playback seems far less of an issue for snap, crackle and pops than recording audio into the MPC over the USB connection to the audio interface.
By Odd Jensen Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:02 am
Is anyone else experiencing this? My brand new Zoom h4n Pro is NOT working with my MPC Live 2 - firmware 2.11.8. Both my 10 year old Zoom h1 and my Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 works without a hitch. The h4n Pro works fine on my Mac, but connected to the MPC I get the msg: "unexpected audio error - restarting internal device" after a few seconds. The h4n has firmware version 1.10, which seems to be latest. What am I doing wrong?
By 83dude Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:42 pm
Odd Jensen wrote:The h4n has firmware version 1.10, which seems to be latest. What am I doing wrong?

It isn't. 1.90 came out in May 2020, 1.10 is from 2009.