MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By twntyfive2life Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:32 pm
Matt Gallister wrote:Update Number 3:
I want to share the answer of the AKAI Support with you. According to their reply, both interfaces (Behringer UMC404HD and Focusrite Scareltt 6i6 2nd Gen are not fully "Class Compliant", so there are drivers existing for Windows. Thats what they said. That's ok for me at the moment, as I now mix everything externally and everything is running smooth now. Anyhow, it would be nice of course, if the compatibility could be improved with future updates (I didn't check with 2.11. - I will do these days and give you an update).

What a lame excuse from Akai. Is the Tascam Model 12 not considered class compliant because it has Windows drivers, even though it's what Akai uses to advertise the feature? Behringer and Focusrite interfaces are class-compliant on Mac.

On a related note, I spent a few hours with a Behringer UMC1820 yesterday and all ins/outs, including coax SPDIF in, are actually working pretty well with my Live 2. I have not tried to sample anything, but live playback utilizing every single input (five audio tracks in the project, mother ducker on four of them) and output (to interface connected to computer/DAW) is working with minimal latency. Not sure why the Behringer would work and my Tascam US20x20 doesn't, as they're both class compliant.
By audiohack Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:08 am
audiohack wrote:
audiohack wrote:RME Fireface UFX - MPC Live II recognizes it after putting the UFX in class compliant mode and at 44.1 kHz. Unfortunately, getting some pops and clicks when recording over USB. Switching USB cables didn't fix the issue. Kind of bummed.

My first generation RME Babyface Pro is recording without pops and clicks. I'm using the analog inputs and 8 adat channels coming in from a Ferrofish Pulse 16. I will continue to test it with longer recording times, multiple tracks etc. but so far, so good.

I can confirm my first generation RME Babyface Pro is still working, able to record over USB into my Live 2 without pops, clicks or drop outs. I think I counted two other users in this thread who posted their Babyface Pros were also working for playback and recording. I really wish my Fireface UFX would work as I could use the additional analog inputs. I'm hopeful the newer RME Fireface UCX II will work, but I can't get my hands on one to test.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:28 am
cesarsjogren wrote:Hey whats your setup, overall? What outboard gear or i/o are you using? Thanks!

I’ve got a Mackie 1202 VLZ4 in which i send a DSI Tempest and the Access VirusTi.Audio then routes to the RME Babyface Pro in which i got hooked to MPC Live in class compliant mode..Finally RME’s output goes to a UAD Arrow which i got hooked to my MacBook Pro for some visual audio analysis use inside Ableton Live..
By Enfasy Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:40 am
K. Rah wrote:The model 12 works perfectly for me in standalone. As long as sample rates match I get no artifacts.
:wink: :arrow: Thank you so much for the feedback! How do I make it work? :hmmm: Are there any buttons on the mackie's channels that it connects via USB to the MPC tracks? Which Jack Do You Use For The Connection? WHAT A MEGA COMBINATION !!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: I would like to read more compatible mixer experiences! Are you there or what?
THANK'S very nice :smoker: