MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By twntyfive2life Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:23 pm
My Behringer UMC1820 had been working okay up until I started using four different USB midi devices (on a powered USB hub). Audio started to crackle intermittently whether recording or not. Both CPU and memory were less than 30%. Going back to standard midi cables resolved it. Apparently you can't use a USB interface and USB midi devices at the same time.
By Dr_MIDI Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:37 pm
Zoom LiveTrak L-12 No Longer working correctly via USB after installation of Firmware 2.11.6.

I've heard (and read about) the exact same problems occurring on Focusrite and other USB Audio Interfaces.

PLEASE FIX this issue and release a revised Firmware Update for MPC Series.
By alexone Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:51 pm
I am looking for an interface that is compatible with the MPC, but reading the thread I have the impression that none of them work perfectly. What a shame! No one is talking about it but do you think there is a chance with the Fractal Audio FM3?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:06 am
alexone wrote:I am looking for an interface that is compatible with the MPC, but reading the thread I have the impression that none of them work perfectly. What a shame! No one is talking about it but do you think there is a chance with the Fractal Audio FM3?

The first sentence appears to be correct as of 2.11.6 (and Force 3.2), so ATM I don't think it's possible to comment on specific interfaces until they start to get on top of all the issues. Ultimately they should never release such a feature without properly testing it on specific interfaces (i.e. all the popular class compliant ones) and then releasing that list of confirmed working devices.
By alexone Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:21 pm
Thank you.
I actually have 2 interfaces in mind, which could make a great combo with the MPC: fractal fm3 (or fm9) and neural dsp quad cortex (the latter is even better, as it provide a real analogue preamp). So if I understand correctly, the only way to know is to buy and test it oneself. Maybe that's what I'll do. In any case, if anyone has any experience with a guitar amp simulator in pedal format (and with usb) with the MPC, I'm very interested in his feedback (haven't see any example here)
By MPC-Tutor Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:39 pm
alexone wrote:So if I understand correctly, the only way to know is to buy and test it oneself.

At the moment (2.11.6) it seems it isn't working out very well for 'any' interface, so I wouldn't buy anything until a) Akai release a supposed fix for the issues, and b) end users begin to confirm the alleged fixes are actually working.

It shouldn't be down to end users to have to keep buying and testing interfaces on the off chance that they might work. That really should be Akai's job IMO - if you are going to claim your firmware now supports third party interfaces, supply a list of interfaces that are guaranteed to work and continue to test these devices with each firmware release.
By BeatThat! Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:51 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:At the moment (2.11.6) it seems it isn't working out very well for 'any' interface

I haven't read every word on the subject online (and I'm sure you're more clued in than me) but have there been any reports of people having problems with the Babyface Pro or Babyface Pro FS? I haven't seen any and I've been using a Babyface Pro extensively with no problems.

Initially I thought my UFX was working fine, but realized fairly quickly that it was glitchy when recording to an audio track. Babyface Pro on the other hand has been rock solid for several months with near-daily use.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:43 pm
BeatThat! wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:At the moment (2.11.6) it seems it isn't working out very well for 'any' interface

I haven't read every word on the subject online (and I'm sure you're more clued in than me) but have there been any reports of people having problems with the Babyface Pro or Babyface Pro FS? I haven't seen any and I've been using a Babyface Pro extensively with no problems.

Initially I thought my UFX was working fine, but realized fairly quickly that it was glitchy when recording to an audio track. Babyface Pro on the other hand has been rock solid for several months with near-daily use.

+1 for the Babyface Pro..
By VertigeV Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:01 pm
twntyfive2life wrote:My Behringer UMC1820 had been working okay up until I started using four different USB midi devices (on a powered USB hub). Audio started to crackle intermittently whether recording or not. Both CPU and memory were less than 30%. Going back to standard midi cables resolved it. Apparently you can't use a USB interface and USB midi devices at the same time.

Oh no, that's really unfortunate :shock:
By Monotremata Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 am
twntyfive2life wrote:My Behringer UMC1820 had been working okay up until I started using four different USB midi devices (on a powered USB hub). Audio started to crackle intermittently whether recording or not. Both CPU and memory were less than 30%. Going back to standard midi cables resolved it. Apparently you can't use a USB interface and USB midi devices at the same time.

What devices? Was the UMC also plugged into the same hub? I have a Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Bass Station 2, TD-3, Wasp, an SQ-1 for the modular, and an AMT8 that sends MIDI to three synths (up to 8 channels alone to an E6400) hooked up to mine with a hub on one of the ports, the UMC is on the other port. I must be lucky cause my Behringer just keeps on going. It's more reliable than the MPC is.
By Req Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:10 pm
Is it possible to have 8-channel ADAT in and out in standalone mode on an MPC Key 61? If so, can somebody please recommend me an interface? I'd like to plug ADAT into my Hammerfall DSP/Multiface II both ways. I don't mind if it has a bit of extra I/O - I'm not trying to penny pinch for this interface, but I only really need ADAT. I assume that these interfaces don't introduce any meaningful latency in general but I do need it to be latency-free for live interaction(I already know that the Multiface ADAT is latency-free from experience). Thanks!