MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kalibhakta Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am
Roland TR-8S gives the following error message:

AUDIO DEVICE ERROR

U24_BE
S32_LE
S32_BE
U32_LE
U32_BE
FLOAT_BE
FLOAT64_LE
FLOAT64_BE

I have no idea what any of that means, but someone here might.
By RastaFATian Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:52 pm
Behringer Q802USB

it recognizes the usb device, the inputs are not working, the master of the mpc goes to the main mix of the mixer; only that.

At the sample edit the sound also pops, if you play tracks behind.

The sample rate is 48.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:55 pm
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen has random audio dropouts with the MPC One. I wouldn't say that it works. The same device, using the same USB cable (that was supplied in the 18i20 box) works fine class-compliant in Mac, no drivers installed, 18i20 firmware updated to 6.1b.
By Orbitalgun Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 am
Orbitalgun wrote:2nd gen 18i20 Focusrite Scarlett and octo pre both work in stand alone and with the computer!

Tested only minimally on my part, please test more thoroughly to ensure meets your expectations.

As I understand class compliance is for USB not needing additional drivers in a windows environment.

Here is link to further testing by other members.

viewtopic.php?p=1834679#p1834679
By fla2003 Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:51 am
focusrite scarlett 18i20 1st.gen only treated stereo. It does not work in multi-channel mode, so it makes no sense to transmit the signal.
I heard an audio signal on these channels:
1-2 input / output, data out1-2
By Selahl Tapes Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:49 pm
Hell! this evening I planned to fully test my Audient ID14 interface with the MPC 2.10 update in standalone, but some how got side tracked into the city and came home with a Roland SP-555!?! I was curious to see if the SP-555 worked with the MPC as the Roland had a USB port on the back, so I hooked everything up and what do you know!!! the MPC recognised the SP-555 as a interface.

Things I am able to do when the SP-555 & MPC One are connected via USB HUB and Roland is selected as the audio device.

Record inputs and outputs
Record SP-555 effects into the MPC
Record Plugins from MPC onto SP 555 pads with effects then back onto a MPC pad.

Main outs of MPC going through SP555 effects section for live jams.

Easily transfer sounds from SP555 pads to MPC pads via record inputs and outputs

Play MPC from SP555 pads via midi

All this over one USB cable, a potential monster of a set up MPC & SP555 but with one problem. It has crackle and pops in the audio on play back and recording that I think a lot of people are having when using the new 2.10 feature… this is a Akai problem and needs some optimisation before we get clean pop and click free audio with our chosen interfaces.
By bendevu Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 pm
iConnectivity iConnect4+ works for multitrack recording to MPC
if you first switch settings to 44.1khz in iConnect software.

Allen&Heath Xone:PX5 also works and also for multitrack recording.

BUT !

The A&H only records everything PRE faders and eq’s since that's all analog on the A&H !!

But that's also the case recording to any other DAW. 
Such a missed chance from A&H.
If they would have routed everything to their sound card POST fader and eq, it would have been an awesome live and studio mixer/interface..
By benr Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:58 am
Apogee HypeMic works as a Class Compliant Audio Interface providing mono audio input on Input 1, and stereo output via the built in headphone jack.

However, being an Apogee product, it has no physical output volume control (only a balance control between playback and direct monitoring, which doesn't affect overall level).

Per the Quick Start guide one should, "Use volume buttons on computer/iOS device to adjust playback level." This works correctly on a Mac or iPhone. When the Mac is using the Apogee as its main Audio Interface, I assume that there is a physical hardware volume control (digitally managed) inside the HypeMic, being set by the Mac or iPhone's controls, rather than just the signal level from the Mac or iPhone being altered. (If anyone knows that assumption to be wrong, please advise.)

Either way, the MPC has no means to set the output level. The headphone level seems about "halfway" compared to the level when connected to my Mac. So there's a lot more level to get, if only the MPC could control it.

Does this sound like a future firmware request? Or am I missing a control on MPC now?

Does anyone know if host digital control of an Audio Interface's output level is part of the Class Compliant spec, or is it an Apogee proprietary feature? I imagine it will be easier to persuade AKAI to add the feature (ideally a simple volume slider in the Audio Device page) if it is part of the Class Compliant spec, and not an Apogee only feature.

Thoughts?