MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By omegatron Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
Backtracked on myself and picked up an Allen and heath zed-i 10, works perfectly here, you lose 2 outputs as a stereo pair is reserved for the main outs, Sampled some stuff through both inputs successfully..
By nori Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 pm
Motu M4 working fine here on the One with 2.10 update. Someone else reported the M4 not working for them.

Mind you I just got the One a few weeks ago and updated directly to 2.10 so that might be why its working.

I havent done extensive testing but I plugged in the M4, on the One selected the 32 input/output option, rebooted and I was able to record my Peak for about 30 secs via the front inputs (1/2) without any audio artifacts .

I did get an error saying the sample rate of 44100 might not be supported by my interface. I think this happens when I connect the M4 after the One is booted up. I just reboot the One with M4 plugged in first and it seemed to fix that. So hotswapping definitely does not work here.
By Certified Beatz Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:24 pm
nori wrote:Motu M4 working fine here on the One with 2.10 update. Someone else reported the M4 not working for them.

Mind you I just got the One a few weeks ago and updated directly to 2.10 so that might be why its working.

I havent done extensive testing but I plugged in the M4, on the One selected the 32 input/output option, rebooted and I was able to record my Peak for about 30 secs via the front inputs (1/2) without any audio artifacts .

I did get an error saying the sample rate of 44100 might not be supported by my interface. I think this happens when I connect the M4 after the One is booted up. I just reboot the One with M4 plugged in first and it seemed to fix that. So hotswapping definitely does not work here.

Thank for you post I have the MOTU 828es

Yes I can connect and hear audio out but it drops out shortly after with pops and clicks.. also I didn't try all 8 channels when it didn't work with a stereo pair...
By nori Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:54 am
I can confirm that I have no issues using the M4 just for audio out via xlr and headphone jack. Have had it running for over an hour, no crackles/dropouts.

Will report back when I have done more extensive recording with the M4.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:11 pm
A buddy of mine that just got a One a couple months ago has his working with whatever Metric Halo interface he has. Apparently it lets you connect your interface to multiple machines at once, so he's got his Mac connected via MH Link (ethernet), while the MPC is connected via USB. He's got it sending 16 channels over USB directly to his DAW through the Metric Halo interface.. I knew I should've just spent the money and got one of those things like 15 years ago!
By spfma Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:00 pm
nori wrote:I can confirm that I have no issues using the M4 just for audio out via xlr and headphone jack. Have had it running for over an hour, no crackles/dropouts while playing (one par sequence looping forever).

That's quite crazy ! I've just made a couple of tests right now, it's not working correctly.

Of course, I tried different USB cables, attached the audio interface to the MPC directly, but starting from a fresh reboot with just a simple drum kit and a TubeSynth preset, I have cyclic dropouts and "crushes" (one bar sequence looping).

With internal audio, it's working flawlessly and a rendered WAV from a song shows no problem when played on my Mac with the same cable and interface.

I have not seen firmware updates, as all the available updates on Motu's website show an older version number.
And I was not able to run their update tool either, the interface is never detected (Mac and PC).
By Certified Beatz Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:45 am
spfma wrote:
nori wrote:I can confirm that I have no issues using the M4 just for audio out via xlr and headphone jack. Have had it running for over an hour, no crackles/dropouts while playing (one par sequence looping forever).

That's quite crazy ! I've just made a couple of tests right now, it's not working correctly.

Of course, I tried different USB cables, attached the audio interface to the MPC directly, but starting from a fresh reboot with just a simple drum kit and a TubeSynth preset, I have cyclic dropouts and "crushes" (one bar sequence looping).

With internal audio, it's working flawlessly and a rendered WAV from a song shows no problem when played on my Mac with the same cable and interface.

I have not seen firmware updates, as all the available updates on Motu's website show an older version number.
And I was not able to run their update tool either, the interface is never detected (Mac and PC).

I own MOTU 828ES it doesn't work clicks and pops latest firmware.. my MPC X detects I can switch to external sound card with 32 outs. Then drop outs and pops and clicks..
By DNova Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Ronnymonkey wrote:Tascam Model 24 connects, but if you return a signal to a channel on the Tascam and set that channel to USB you hear audio, but with clicks and glitches. So, Doesn't work

This is super disappointing. I just got home and was stoked to hook these up and do some mixdowns today. I’ll try to replicate and report back. Know what firmware for Model 24?
By CBS25 Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Ronnymonkey wrote:Tascam Model 24 connects, but if you return a signal to a channel on the Tascam and set that channel to USB you hear audio, but with clicks and glitches. So, Doesn't work

Will you explain this a little further?
I recently purchased the Tascam Model 16 and haven’t had any issues.

What is it, specifically, that you’re routing/returning and how?

I will try to replicate, too.
By allreddv Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 pm
Maybe already reported on in here but Just thought I would mention that I have a Focusrite 18i8 3rd gen and a Focusrite Octopre via ADAT working fine with MPC. After a week of testing I have not noticed any issues. I have not noticed any particular latency issues like some have, but if someone is having issues let me know exactly what you would like me test and I can see if I can reproduce the issue so you know if it a MPC issue or not.

One thing to note is that the MPC signal is really hot when connected to an interface, I have to go to channel mixer and turn it down significantly otherwise the MPC overpowers everything else in my setup. The only other piece of my gear that runs even close is the Novation Peak which I always need turned down a bit.
By johndetroit Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:40 pm
I recently purchased an RME Babyface Pro FS for use with my MPC Live 2, and I can confirm is is fully compatible in Class Compliant mode. :-D

Here is what I verified:
- Outputs:
* Analog Out 1/2 - pass
* headphones out 3/4 - Pass
* ADAT OUT 5 through 12 - Pass
- Inputs:
* ADAT IN 5 through 12 - Pass
* Analog 1/2 and 3/4 - Didn’t check yet (assuming works)

Also, Babyface in Class Compliant allows some limited mixing of audio inputs, in my case I received Audio via ADAT 1/2 mixed with MPC Live 2 audio to Analog Output 1/2 and Headphones 3/4.

Regards,
John D