MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Odd Jensen Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:56 pm
83dude wrote:
Odd Jensen wrote:The h4n has firmware version 1.10, which seems to be latest. What am I doing wrong?

It isn't. 1.90 came out in May 2020, 1.10 is from 2009.

Thanks! I'm googling this and can only find version 1.10 on the Zoom site (stating it's released 02/06/2020). Do you have any links to version 1.90?
By 83dude Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:49 am
Odd Jensen wrote:Thanks again! I see this one is for h4n and not "Pro". Will it work on the Pro?

Dang, I didn‘t see „Pro“ in your original posting. You‘re probably OK and on the proper firmware version. Sorry for the confusion. :Sigh:
By Odd Jensen Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:40 pm
83dude wrote:
Odd Jensen wrote:Thanks again! I see this one is for h4n and not "Pro". Will it work on the Pro?

Dang, I didn‘t see „Pro“ in your original posting. You‘re probably OK and on the proper firmware version. Sorry for the confusion. :Sigh:

Thanks, no worries! So this still appears to be a bug or a non-compatible combination at the moment. My idea was to replace both the h1 and the Focusrite with the h4n Pro, but I guess I will return it now and look for another solution. Cheers!
By Kestudidbo Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:10 pm
illsmith wrote:Tried a behringer xenyx 302usb today. Could sample vinyl and hear that but could not play back sample or any other sounds from the mpc afterwards. Any ideas?

Hi; for my experience these Behringer Xenyx USB bus are only one way, so if you want to hear back from MPC I think you need to switch the red button Line In / USB Play.
By EnochLight Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:39 pm
Well, as of MPC 2.11.8 (and Force 3.2.3), the Roland MX-1 works GREAT as an audio interface. Just set your MX-1 to 44.1 Khz and put it in External Mixing Mode, and you'll get access to all 18 channels. You can also sync the MX-1's effects. NICE!!!
By chrisroland Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:25 pm
EnochLight wrote:Well, as of MPC 2.11.8 (and Force 3.2.3), the Roland MX-1 works GREAT as an audio interface. Just set your MX-1 to 44.1 Khz and put it in External Mixing Mode, and you'll get access to all 18 channels. You can also sync the MX-1's effects. NICE!!!

how does that map across the MX-1's channels, since it also only has one stereo out and the channels are a mix of mono/stereo audio, digital I/O, and the weird AIRA-only USB inputs? where do the MPC's 18 channels ultimately get routed to in MX-1?

do we think Akai is going to break this functionality in future updates? i'm good with picking up an MX-1 as my submixer for MPC but wary of something off the books staying in place permanently
By Ultros Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:15 pm
Blups wrote:
Ultros wrote:Picked up a behringer umc 1820, seems to be working good. No adat expansions though so no word on that.

Good news. What firmware are you using ? I'm on 2.11.4. I noticed some pops when the ADAT button is pushed, but it seems OK when on SPDIF.
I wonder if it works on 2.11.7

hey bud, sorry im a bit slow sometimes. figuritively and literally. didney laaaaand!! i was on 2.11.6 at the time i got my umc, now on 2.11.7 still no issues. still no adat expansions though.
By EnochLight Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:40 pm
chrisroland wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Well, as of MPC 2.11.8 (and Force 3.2.3), the Roland MX-1 works GREAT as an audio interface. Just set your MX-1 to 44.1 Khz and put it in External Mixing Mode, and you'll get access to all 18 channels. You can also sync the MX-1's effects. NICE!!!

how does that map across the MX-1's channels, since it also only has one stereo out and the channels are a mix of mono/stereo audio, digital I/O, and the weird AIRA-only USB inputs? where do the MPC's 18 channels ultimately get routed to in MX-1?

You can route the channels however you want, but a typical setup are routed as follows:

MX-1 Channel 1+2 (either linked or separate) = MPC/Force channel 1+2
MX-1 Channel 3+4 (either linked or separate) = MPC/Force channel 3+4
MX-1 Channel 5/6 = MPC/Force channel 5+6
MX-1 Channel Digital = MPC/Force channel 7+8
MX-1 Channel USB1 = MPC/Force channel 9+10
MX-1 Channel USB2 = MPC/Force channel 11+12
MX-1 Channel USB3 = MPC/Force channel 13+14
MX-1 Channel USB4 = MPC/Force channel 15+16
MX-1 Channel PC = MPC/Force channel 17+18 **

** You also use channel 17+18 to record any live performance effects that you perform on your MX-1, as none of the other channels will record those back to the Force.

chrisroland wrote:do we think Akai is going to break this functionality in future updates? i'm good with picking up an MX-1 as my submixer for MPC but wary of something off the books staying in place permanently

I mean, we can think or speculate all we want, but I have no idea. As with anything, there is always a chance that an update can bunk up audio interface support, but as we just saw with the latest firmwares, these have all largely been fixed (well, many anyway). Besides, updating is always an option - you can just remain on the existing firmware that last worked, so... there's that. :nod: :lol: