MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:36 pm
chrisroland wrote:thanks! does this routing still work if you're outputting from the stereo outs, or only if it's going into a DAW as audio interface?

I'm just talking about using the MX-1 as an external audio interface with MPC/Force. No DAW attached whatsoever in this scenario.

That said, if you attach your MX-1 to your computer instead and run it with your DAW, you can use the MX-1 as your external audio interface with your computer as well - all the same channel routing stuff applies (and is completely dependant on your DAW).

The stereo "mix" outs on the MX-1 are active at all times. Plan on having a set of monitors hooked up, or have the audio going into something to monitor, otherwise it's headphone city. And to be clear - the MX-1 takes over all audio duties from your MPC/Force/computer. You'll have to use the headphones or main mix out on the MX-1, not your MPC/Force/computer.
By Mr.Moon Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 am
I did a test with the Arturia Minifuse 2 : occasional pops and clicks. Not workable.

Also did a test with a Yamaha MG10XU: works very well. So far no clicks or pops.

I didn't use an usb hub. Still need to check if the Yamaha mixer remains stable with multiple usb devices for midi connection.

Test was done with the MPC Live (Firmware version 2.11).
By MPC_Maschinist Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:06 am
Hi there,

My Behringer UMC202HD seems to work flawlessly connected to my MPC Live II running OS 2.11.8.

Short question: Its inputs and outputs apparently replace the MPC internal ones. Is it possible to use them simultaneously?

I'd like to keep monitoring via headphones connected to the MPC and not via the UMC202HD phones jack.
By audiohack Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:17 am
To everyone who’s posting that their interface is working with no pops or clicks, please specify whether you’re talking about playback from your MPC through the interface OR recording from your interface into the MPC over USB.

It seems there are a number of audio interfaces that have no issues with playback. But few, if any, interfaces that you can use to record audio into your MPC over USB without pops and clicks.
By Low3001 Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:07 am
Does anybody use a Tascam US-4x4HR interface with the MPC (One) in order to use the additional inputs?
Also..would it work via a powered USB hub? (I also want to use the hub for the external midi keyboard. All external synths are plugged via 5-pin midi in chain.)

Thank you!
By Low3001 Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:36 pm
Low3001 wrote:Does anybody use a Tascam US-4x4HR interface with the MPC (One) in order to use the additional inputs?
Also..would it work via a powered USB hub? (I also want to use the hub for the external midi keyboard. All external synths are plugged via 5-pin midi in chain.)

Thank you!

and how about the Tascam us 16x08?