MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By megatraum Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 am
I'm using a Audient ID14 interface paired with Behringer ADAT 8200 for more audio inputs for my MPC LIve 2 standalone unit. All my inputs are working but the only output giving out audio signal is the main 1/2 output channels which I have connected to my speakers. I get no audio going out on all other output channels besides the main 1/2. I'm trying to route audio out of channel 3 into my Hologram Microcosm to record on channel input 5. Does anybody know how to get the output 3/4 to send audio on my Audient ID14 interface to work with the MPC Live 2 standalone unit?
By Telefunky Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:46 pm
The ID14 is a 10 channel in (2 analog, 8 digital), but essentially only 2 output channel interface.
You may setup a cue mix in the ID14 control panel to the headphone as a 2nd output pair, but I‘m not sure if you can route an independent source that way. :hmmm:
(I have an ID22 and iirc this was possible, but the ID22 has more outputs by nature)
By chrisroland Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:59 am
is anyone still using their MX-1 with the most current MPC firmware 2.13? just picked up one today but can't get my MPC One to recognize it as an audio device (set the MX-1 sample rate to 44.1, set to Ext, have tried plugging it into each of the four USB inputs but still no dice).
By Jean-Marc Liotier Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am
chrisroland wrote:apparently the trick is running USB-B OUT of the MX-1 into the MPC USB-A (which seems counterintuitive but now working)
Does that make the MPC see the MX-1 as a class-compliant USB interface ? That would be sweet because I currently have a medium-term desire to get a MX-1 to play live with the kids on a bunch or Aira-appropriate (pun intended) gear such as TB-3 and a TR-8 (not the S version - I'm cheap and I have a MPC) and the plan is to send MPC audio through an USB interface to the MX-1's S/PDIF input.

Offtopic, the RC505 mkII isn't Aira-compatible but it does send audio correctly to the MX-1 through USB - though MIDI has to go across a MIDI cable because lack of RC-505 mkII Aira compatibility means USB to the MX-1 doesn't carry MIDI.
By chrisroland Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:57 am
Does that make the MPC see the MX-1 as a class-compliant USB interface ?

essentially. what it allows is for the MPC to route internal drum programs, plugins, keygroups, submixes even i suppose, to the five digital stereo channels of the MX-1, i.e., the Digital channel = Out 7/8 on MPC, USB 1 = 9/10, USB 2 = 11/12, USB 3 = 13/14, USB 4 = 15/16, and the PC channel will output the MX-1 master mix back into MPC via USB audio if needed.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:21 am
That looks like the MX-1's "EXTERNAL MIXING MODE" where "18 channels of USB audio output are assigned to the faders" making it a DAW control peripheral (its default is the standalone "MIXER MODE"). Interesting synergy with the MPC, apart that I don't see where to get a digital output of the stereo master to a recorder (PC, portable recorder - whatever) - as the MPC's audio track recording cuts off at 5 minutes.

Of course the MPC can export the final mix from song mode, but the point of an Aira setup is live play - so that doesn't fly... For studio work, no need for TR-8, MX-1 & co: the MPC is all I need !
By emdog Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:25 pm
Has anyone gotten error: could not get PCM hardware configuration from device. Code: -22. I spoke with Neumann and they said that the MT48 is class compliant, but I keep getting this error whenever selecting the device.