MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Polyme Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:27 pm
Hi, MPC One 2.12.2 with MOTU Utralite mk5 firmware 1.1.9 build 2466 works fine : 44.1k samp rate.
I recorded 3 channels (mic 1, line 3 and 4) at the same time perfectly. I will try adding two more channels.

I had to configure the inputs and outputs of the ultralite mk5 previously.
By Raphaël Simard Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:27 am
Cranborne 500R8 works !!!

MPC One
I did not test extensively (no adat expension or spdif), but sending the audio through stereo pairs of channels and processing them with analog boutique gear, then analog mixdown, all monitored through super clean and powerful headphone amps, was magic to me.

Ohhh the possibilities...
Super excited to try sampling through boutique preamps + Cranborne AD converters as a frontend for MPC
By Monotremata Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:36 pm
Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:Swissonic Audio interfaces look like bargains - on paper... What about them in practice ?

Why bother? You're going to replace whatever built in I/O already comes with it with a whopping 1 or 2 input/stereo output interface?? Isn't the whole point adding MORE inputs and outputs than you already have?
By 83dude Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:37 pm
Swissonic AFAIK is (and always has been) a Thomann brand. From personal experince I‘d advise anyone to stay away from that stuff more than what you‘d touch with a ten-foot pole.

You get what you pay for.
By Frudah Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:32 pm
Originally played with the usb streamer B. Using it for 8 channels in and 4 out of the push3 standalone. Should support 8 out, but 4 is what I get I guess.
Ditched it for a while in favor of just using 1/4” with
Less ports. Now that the push is more stable went
Back to it wanting more connectivity.

Either way, had very light pops and clicks until I changed push3 to use the adat clock instead of internal. Runs smooth now. A couple 3.5mm connectors and I’ll be using the two seamlessly.

Just my 2 cents :)
By Jedldiah Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:19 am
Raphaël Simard wrote:Cranborne 500R8 works !!!

MPC One
I did not test extensively (no adat expension or spdif), but sending the audio through stereo pairs of channels and processing them with analog boutique gear, then analog mixdown, all monitored through super clean and powerful headphone amps, was magic to me.

Ohhh the possibilities...
Super excited to try sampling through boutique preamps + Cranborne AD converters as a frontend for MPC

My good sir, how did you go about the wiring of monitors, usb, etc. Recognizes the interface but I cannot get the audio to pick up on my 500 r8 for monitoring. Using an MPC live 2.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:47 pm
LoserName wrote:iConnect Audio 4+ by iConnectivity works flawlessy here with my MPC ONE, and I am able to record in real time in my DAW in multitrack on Windows 10 (wow!).
[..]
Wow, wait a sec - is this iConnect Audio 4+ an instance of the mythical device regularly requested in threads across various forums, letting the MPC see multiple audio channels over USB, and the PC do likewise, letting the DAW record all MPC outputs separately and simultaneously ? It actually exists and works ?

Edit - the following posts in the the thread mention it does work for that purpose

How many channels ?
By Telefunky Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:12 am
It depends on how many channels you assign to each USB device (MPC, PC/Mac).
The sum has to be less or equal 20.
If your MPC is supposed to only send to desktop/notebook, set it to 20 send, zero receive. The other system vice versa: zero send, 20 receive.
The number refers to single channels, the mixture of mono/stereo is arbitrary.
You may have 10 stereo channels, or 8 stereo and 4 mono, or whatever fits your needs.

It‘s a great device, but the setup may be tricky. It‘s not difficult to do in any way, but partly hard to understand what they are talking about... :Sigh:
By LitBeatz Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 pm
can confirm iconnectAudio2+ working with mpc key 37 firmware 2.13
Tested playback & recording 44.1hz

must change the internal clock in iconfig to whatever port mpc is plugged into or you will get crackled/static sound after a few minutes.
By Rocky Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:23 am
MPC Firmware versions and Zoom H4N Pro @ 44.1kHz

V2.13 Does not connect - "UNEXPECTED AUDIO ERROR" "RESTARTING INTERNAL DEVICE"
V2.12 Does not connect - "UNEXPECTED AUDIO ERROR" "RESTARTING INTERNAL DEVICE"
V2.11.9 Does not connect - "UNEXPECTED AUDIO ERROR" "RESTARTING INTERNAL DEVICE"
V2.11.3 Connects and selectable for input. Latency is pretty bad. Switch off output monitoring and possibly useable with some editing, or use as input for Sampler.
V2.10 - Connects and selectable for input. Latency is intolerable.

[ Zoom H4N Pro firmware V1.10 ]
By Baqca Sanke Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:10 pm
Hey gang, thought i'd share some info from my latest tests.
I just picked up a Wrugste 2i2 from amazon. It's a 69$ clone of the Scarlett 2i2. But better imo.

It works plug and play with windows, but more importantly, with my MPC live mk2.

Like i said, it's a scarlett 2i2 clone except for one very very important detail. Unlike the Scarlett 2i2, it has separate 48v phantom power for each input. So you can use a condenser mic and dynamic mic at the same time. Something the Scarletts have been sorely missing for years.

For 69$ the preamps sound clean to my ears. And very low noise with the things i've tested. The latency is also very low. I tried singing, finger drumming and watching movies.

Normally i don't support knock off chinese clones.... but this interface costs 1/2 of what the Scarlett 2i2 costs AND has separate phantom power.... it's really a no brainer to me.

Just thought others may want to check it out. it's the best, cheapest 2i2 interface i know for the MPC