MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jesushparker Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:10 am
Presonus ar12 not working. On some reboots I can get it operating with zero pops and clicks but most of the time it is just constant clicks. Totally insane that Akai can sell this saying that it supports class compliant interfaces. This is the feature that made me push “buy now”. I hope everyone on this forum with these issues has raised a ticket with Akai. Just give us a buffer setting! I would take slightly lower latency over unusable audio any day.
By Silence infernal Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:11 am
Scarlett 18i8 (1st gen)
  • fw ≤ 2.11.4 : OK
  • fw 2.11.6 : KO (playback heavily distorted with crackles, MPC freeze)
I'm using the MPC Live standalone with a Scarlett 18i8 (1st gen) since the 2.10 release in a multi-track setup with no problems, but the recent 2.11.6 update broke compatibility (I'm not sure if I skipped the 2.11.5 or not).
With firmware 2.11.6, audio is heavily distorted with crackles, and the MPC eventually freezes.
I downgraded to 2.11.4 (can't find 2.11.5 files), and it works OK again.

Yamaha THR30II
  • fw 2.11.6 : OK
  • not tested with previous firmwares
By Jesushparker Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:52 pm
Jesushparker wrote:Presonus ar12 not working. On some reboots I can get it operating with zero pops and clicks but most of the time it is just constant clicks. Totally insane that Akai can sell this saying that it supports class compliant interfaces. This is the feature that made me push “buy now”. I hope everyone on this forum with these issues has raised a ticket with Akai. Just give us a buffer setting! I would take slightly lower latency over unusable audio any day.

Knock on wood but I upgraded to 2.11.6 and have been playing with 8 channels of hardware synths and haven't heard a single pop in over an hour....
By paranoidi Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:01 am
I converted the list that Lefty de Vito wrote provided into google spreadsheet.

You can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... Vfjtob8Eww

I also made a form where new information can be submitted, you can find it here:

https://forms.gle/QnCcrxUL3APYVHFJ8

Any responses will be used to update the original list / make a new one.

I'd be happy to add collaborators if someone wants to contribute.

I won't make any long term promises, but let's see where this goes. Feedback is welcomed.

Please do not mail or PM updates. Use the google form.
By BeatThat! Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:31 am
Submitted 3 devices to the Google form. All three of these working fine for me. Playback and sampling with a Live 2.

RME Babyface Pro
RME Fireface UFX
ROLAND R-07

The UFX has been reported not working in this thread but I'm not having any issues. Just a few hours using it but playback and sampling work fine. No pops and clicks in the samples during or after recording. This is with the latest firmware on both the MPC and the UFX.
By DannyNL Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:So, where are we at with compatible interfaces? Do we have any that are actually 100% working, confirmed by at least 3 members?

Sound like issues with the port. I even have the umc1820 hooked up trough the elektron overhub to the One usb-a port together with an erm multiclock, an ssd and some midi controllers...
Last edited by DannyNL on Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Certified Beatz Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:45 pm
Now this is epic nice good too see 50/50 on motu devices wanting on Motu M32 Adat to arrive to try and see if the ADAT outputs will work with my Motu 828ES..

Looking to at least get 16 channels analog and digital out only playback into my DAW I have not read any success story's but will try if not I'm sending it back I will all know my result and enter into your spreadsheet
By BeatThat! Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:18 pm
BeatThat! wrote:Submitted 3 devices to the Google form. All three of these working fine for me. Playback and sampling with a Live 2.

RME Babyface Pro
RME Fireface UFX
ROLAND R-07

The UFX has been reported not working in this thread but I'm not having any issues. Just a few hours using it but playback and sampling work fine. No pops and clicks in the samples during or after recording. This is with the latest firmware on both the MPC and the UFX.

After more extensive testing I'm seeing the same issues as others with the UFX when recording to an audio track. Weird digital glitches. Sometimes they end up in the recorded track. Sampling is fine but not recording to an audio track. Babyface Pro is rock solid on the other hand.
By BackToMAd Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:17 am
New user. Just got my Force and already the lack of analog outputs annoys the hell out of. Wanna ask if the

Behringer umc1820
or
Tascam 16X08

can be used standalone without a computer? I mean if I connect my Force into them via USB then I get 8 digital inputs and 8 analog outputs from them?

Thank you so much already for your knowledge and very nice forum!
By Monotremata Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:16 pm
BackToMAd wrote:New user. Just got my Force and already the lack of analog outputs annoys the hell out of. Wanna ask if the

Behringer umc1820

can be used standalone without a computer? I mean if I connect my Force into them via USB then I get 8 digital inputs and 8 analog outputs from them?

Bought one of those as soon as we got the update that let us use interfaces, and haven't had a single issue with it to this day. But this is the MPC forum, so not sure how the Force is doing with it..
By BackToMAd Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:51 am
Monotremata wrote:
BackToMAd wrote:New user. Just got my Force and already the lack of analog outputs annoys the hell out of. Wanna ask if the

Behringer umc1820

Bought one of those as soon as we got the update that let us use interfaces, and haven't had a single issue with it to this day. But this is the MPC forum, so not sure how the Force is doing with it..

So its working perfect standalone without a computer? USB in and 8 analog outputs?
By wadewatts Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:46 am
Hey.

First off: big ups for doing that list, it's really helpful!

I see the Expert Sleepers ES-9 has issues the MPC.
I was wondering if that's always the case and which MPC as there's this thread on modwiggler from a guy who seems to use it with his MPC One flawlessly, but another has issues with a Live II:
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=263482

I'm planning to get the ES-8 (uses the same drivers but with 8x8 ADAT and less front panel i/o) so I'd like to know if it would work with the MPC One at all :)
By Monotremata Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:35 pm
BackToMAd wrote:So its working perfect standalone without a computer? USB in and 8 analog outputs?

Well, that's what 'haven't had a single issue with it to this day' usually means..

Again, this is the MPC forum. The Force is a completely different unit with completely different firmware. Just because it works with one, doesn't guarantee it works with the other.