MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By frenchfries Sun May 07, 2023 6:28 pm
Given constant firmware/software evolutions, could someone in the community give me current status on
- Tascam Model 12
- Soundcraft signature 12 MTK

Do they still have click and pop issues ? Does the “connect the soundcraft to a computer and change to 44.1” indeed do the trick ? So many conflicting statements, what looked like a brilliant feature on paper is turning into a nightmare …
By DeepBlankSpace Mon May 08, 2023 5:53 pm
Not sure if mentioned, im new and havent learned the search funtcion

The rhode 5th gen nt1 usb microphone can not be used with the mpc live mk1.

Messaged akai and rhode to see if i could get it sorted and its basic.
Mpc live only records in 44.1, and the nt1 5th gen does not output 44.1 over usb.
By GSTizzle Tue May 16, 2023 6:36 pm
babygotbackup wrote:Is the Universal Audio VOLT2 Audio Interface CC?

Also, the Focusrite 2i2 (3rd gen)? I've seen that the 2nd gen is CC, but I can't find anything on the 3rd gen.

I just bought the Volt 2 and it’s pretty solid so far. No popping . Audio sounds great thru the monitors. Definitely hear a big difference in my headphones.
By mrmarbury Sat May 27, 2023 8:01 pm
Funny thing. While playing around with some other hardware I connected my fully equipped Behringer x32 + s16 (all 32i/o connected) to the MPC X (classic) after upgrade to 2.11.10 and noticed that the crackling is gone. I tried some audio recordings and added some effects to audio channels as well without any problem. Well don’t inMusic…for now at least
By Stef M Froelich Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:32 pm
Tharius B wrote:Hello,

Presonus Studiolive 24 series 3 is recognised, mpc can assign it's individual channels, but.. gives distorted sound in the low frequencies..

Studiolive AR16usb is recognised but mpc only recognises channel 1/2 or 1L 2R.. also mpc cut's connection and falls back to internal interface..

I surely hope a solution will come..

Hey folks. You'll never have read something from me, I've been reader only :)

So for a start, I can confirm that the StudioLive24 series 3 is working in my studio as a multichannel USB audio device with the MPC X in standalone mode!! Yippie!

Connected my MPCX via USB, 32 I/Os activated. Firmware on the StudioLive is 2.7.x from March 2023, MPC version is 2.12.

I also have experienced the "distorted sound" problem once, after MPC being inactive for an hour or so. I only had to reboot the MPC and everything was fine again. It seems that the MPC is internally set to 44.1 kHz standard as sampling rate. Setting the sampling rate to 48 kHz on the StudioLive makes the MPC instruments sounding a bit higher (around a halftone) so that means the MPC expects a 44.1 kHz clock signal. Which is fine, as long as you use only your MPC with the StudioLive along with some - or lots of, due to 24 analog Ins/16 Outs - analog stuff. Or digital stuff respectively which is connected via analog I/Os. That's absolutely awesome!

OK. Next level then: I tried to connect my Mac via AVB (it's not as easy as cutting bread but not too complicated to configure), in conjunction with the MPC X (USB) and all the analog glory. Spoiler: It works as well ! So you can switch any input channel on the StudioLive desk from analog to USB to AVB, and any of them seems to sound fine. I just tested input connections as for now, as I just have acquired the board last week second-hand. But I will go on with testing, and - if some of you are interested - briefly report on it. There is one major flaw to using an AVB connected Mac and the MPC via USB - that's the sampling rate dilemma. In this case, you can only use 48 kHz within the system because of the Mac AVB driver ( https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/ ... mitations/ ), which leads to the higher pitch problem on the MPC I have mentioned earlier.

Have a nice day!
Stef
By fooddude Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:19 pm
I'm contemplating/considering selling my S2400 and getting a Keys 61, or maybe even a One or Live2 (I am an ex-mpc60 user).

Worse case, an X would prolly be best choice, since it obviously already has a lot of outs and no need for ext interface. But, it's expensive.
Keys 61 seems to be the best choice/deal currently tho, with 4gb ram and 32gb storage. Only Con is not many outs.

Anyone have any luck with the Behringer UMC1820 or Scarlett 18i20 working good with the Keys 61? (or One / Live2?)

Looking for inexpensive 1u rack interfaces with 8-10 outputs that works with the Keys61.
By Baqca Sanke Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:17 pm
Zoom L8 works like a dream with mpc live 2. As long as you buy a dummy battery for it so you dont burn through AA's.
You can use all inputs for MPC, but also do some cool tricks like use one of the 4 separate headphone mixes to route an input track out to a loop pedal, and then back into a different input, and then into mpc. This allows me to send any of the inputs i want to the loop pedal with just a slide of a fader. No unpluggin nothing, no grabbing different cables.

I got 2 guitars, 1 vocal mic, 1 hand drum mic, 1 flute mic and one synth all going into the L8, and by just sliding a fader on "Mix C" which is routed to the loop pedal, i can choose which input i want to send to the Loop Pedal, which in turn just comes back into input channel 6 which is routed to its own track in the MPC.

It feels like cheating idk.

It can also record while in USB interface mode. So when i jam with my buddies i can record their inputs separately. Which means if we just happen to hit a sweet groove that's all improv, i can go back into the recording and sample straight from that into the MPC or my buddy can use it re-learn what he just improv'd.
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:24 pm
Baqca Sanke wrote:It can also record while in USB interface mode. So when i jam with my buddies i can record their inputs separately. Which means if we just happen to hit a sweet groove that's all improv, i can go back into the recording and sample straight from that into the MPC or my buddy can use it re-learn what he just improv'd.

This could be somewhat interesting for recording audio in MIDI clock slave mode. At least the Force stops recording immediately due to the tempo changing. Due to the imprecise nature of MIDI clock, the tempo always changes all the time by a small amount, and unlike Ableton, Akai doesn't have the needed time-stamping and warping facilities to cope with the situation.
By Baqca Sanke Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:36 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:This could be somewhat interesting for recording audio in MIDI clock slave mode. At least the Force stops recording immediately due to the tempo changing. Due to the imprecise nature of MIDI clock, the tempo always changes all the time by a small amount, and unlike Ableton, Akai doesn't have the needed time-stamping and warping facilities to cope with the situation.

If that's the case you should def check out the L8. Because when in usb interface mode, you can use 6 of the inputs to go into the mpc, and you can change input 7 and 8 to be USB return stereo tracks, 1/2 and 3/4 respectively. Which means you can route some of the mpc internal sounds to usb channel 1/2 and some other ones to 3/4.

You'll be able to hear all 10 tracks in the master outs on the L8... plus you'll be able to record each 6 inputs, both sets of stereo outs from mpc, plus the master stereo of all these mixed together, separately onto the SD card :smoker: it's really quite damn powerful IMHO.
By makomako Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:42 pm
I created an account just to post here that the Sterling Harmony H224 Audio Interface that they sell at guitar center works on the MPC. I've been able to record audio with no issues at all. No crackling, hissing, or delays on my end. Full disclosure though, I haven't tried to use the Midi ports yet because I don't have a keyboard or synth at the moment. My MPC software version is V2.11.9. The H224, as of this moment, is on sale for $80, and they go on sale often. I think it is a good deal for anyone interested. It's a 2 in 4 out with a built in 100hz high pass filter, and pad function for instruments.