MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By frankie13 Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:58 am
misterflibble wrote:
frankie13 wrote:I spent a little more time with Force 3.1.1 and RME UFX and was able to get clean recordings as long as the preference to auto warp audio tracks is set to "off".
I'm going to experiment some more, but encouraged by this and would suggest that others experiencing clicks and pops on recordings try turning this pref off and see if it helps.

Any more luck staying click and pop free with auto warp set to off?

It worked wonderfully for a session with lots of recording, but then the next day I started a new project and clicks were back. So RME UFX in CC mode is not working for me, unfortunately
By one971music Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:02 am
[quote="frankie13"][quote="misterflibble"][quote="frankie13"]I spent a little more time with Force 3.1.1 and RME UFX and was able to get clean recordings as long as the preference to auto warp audio tracks is set to "off".
I'm going to experiment some more, but encouraged by this and would suggest that others experiencing clicks and pops on recordings try turning this pref off and see if it helps.[/quote]

Any more luck staying click and pop free with auto warp set to off?[/quote]

It worked wonderfully for a session with lots of recording, but then the next day I started a new project and clicks were back. So RME UFX in CC mode is not working for me, unfortunately[/quote]

That’s strange as i have RME UCX II working flawlessly with the MPC One but as I read back you are using a Force (which I don’t think so make a difference).
By dcarmich1 Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:52 am
When I spoke to Akai support they said: "Yes, you can use an interface at 48kHz to record into the MPC One."

Have any of you had success with 48kHz-only devices with an MPC in standalone mode using the latest 2.10.1 OS? (I'm considering an MPC One in my studio along with an Allen & Heath SQ Series mixer that only supports 48kHz and 96kHz on its USB interface.)
By misterflibble Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:57 am
dcarmich1 wrote:When I spoke to Akai support they said: "Yes, you can use an interface at 48kHz to record into the MPC One."

Have any of you had success with 48kHz-only devices with an MPC in standalone mode using the latest 2.10.1 OS? (I'm considering an MPC One in my studio along with an Allen & Heath SQ Series mixer that only supports 48kHz and 96kHz on its USB interface.)

My XR18 wouldn’t work at 48Khz, I got an error message and had to switch to 44.1.
By Kestudidbo Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:47 am
Not working : Roland MC-707.

kalibhakta wrote:Roland TR-8S gives the following error message:

AUDIO DEVICE ERROR

U24_BE
S32_LE
S32_BE
U32_LE
U32_BE
FLOAT_BE
FLOAT64_LE
FLOAT64_BE
I have no idea what any of that means, but someone here might.

Roland MC-707 gives exactly the same error codes in Vendor USB audio mode.
It works in Generic USB audio mode but only channel 1 and 2 are available for output audio from MPC One and goes dirrectly to the mix Out of MC-707.
By Monotremata Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:27 pm
Wul wrote:Behringer umc1820
+ attached ADA8000
Gives 16 I/O

Awesome to hear. I actually replaced my ADA8200 with a Ferrofish about 6 months before the update came out and I got an 1820 for the MPC. Guess I gotta buy another one now hah.
By nori Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 pm
On Force motu M4 works perfectly on playback and recording external synth. No pops/clicks/distortion/phasing/etc.

I can confirm that a brand new Scarlett 18i20 gen2 has pops and clicks every 20-30 secs. It sounds like vinyl pops and I am guessing people might be missing them if its actual music being played back :)

I tested both units by generating a sin wave at E1 so low enough to hear the pops/clicks with a Digitone playing at 20 bpm for 60 bars.

Anyone try the M-Audio 192 series? I see on another forum its working great on Linux for some people.

I need 6 line inputs for my synths so the 18i20 and similar interfaces with loads of preamps are overkill for me.
By Kryz Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:35 am
Hello,
I got a soundcraft mtk12, not working properly.
I get click and pops unnoticeable in playback ,just sending from the usb master and direct outs from the mixer.
I used extensively the new usb(unusable) feature to record the busses of a song , processed by external gear.
Always in any track of 5-6 minutes there is a click or pop, maybe just one , but it ruins the track.
I've tried:
-Changing recording resolution to 16 bits, helps a bit , doesn't fix the issue
-Disabling auto warp mode.
-Disabling all the other tracks ,mute then to release resources while recording the new bus.
-Disabling plugin instruments in mpc and just bounce them before record, helps a bit ,doesn't fix th issue

So, after long time testing, to check if the issue was only the usb input recording I've bought a tascam Dr40 to record from the analog outputs.
The click/pops issues are fixed now, but I run into another BIG problem.
The BPM tempo of the tracks recorded are not synced to the tempo of the project.
That's really weird issue, so I get a 0.02 less of BPM in the recorded tracks.
This bug was really annoying until I found it, yes timestretch will fix those shit 0.02 bpm of difference, but if you don't know imagine the situation...
Well, then after looking for a good audio usb interface that is capable of recording smoothly without DAC(usb routing audio) conversion isn't possible.
All people is having issues and IMHO the ones that don't is because they didn't use it for a 2 weeks recording everyday tracks.
I love MPC , but Im gonna sell the MPC one to buy a X and connect with the 8 outputs directly.
Maybe this will be fixed by akai.
But after see all the pro interfaces having the same issues, this update is just a joke :nod:
Please as some users said, try your hardware extensively and the usb audio routing to record before posting is a working model here.