MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:22 pm
protagon wrote:I can confirm Tascam Series 208i works fine, both playback and recording. Sometimes a click occurs. I have to dig deep into this as I am running 16 channels of ADAT thru a Ferrofish Pulse 16. Maybe its a Word Clock issue.

I haven't tried out my Pulse yet cause its connected to my MOTU 828X on the Mac, but you might have to set the Ferrofish to clock from the Tascam instead of the other way around just knowing the MPC's weird way of working. Clock issues are usually pretty noticeable distortion on everything though, along with drop outs and whatnot. I remember running into those ages ago with a Behringer ADA8000 that was clocking over ADAT instead of WC.
By NordicBaron Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:07 pm
M Audio Mtrack Quad.

So far the only thing detected on both force and moc live are synths plugged into the USB hub. Full midi communication via USB.

No detection under sound card.

Will investigate more after setup with PC. Try changing modes if possible.

Roland USB duo works as sound card 2 in 2 out and midi.
By NordicBaron Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:56 am
Did more research on Mtrack Quad.
It's not ideal for mpc/force.

No ins and outs, can't select as hardware.

Usb hub had drop outs so can't even be relied on for that.

Went to windows 10, eventually got it working, but the direct ins on the front just didn't want to be monitored. Can't find any software to program internals, so it's up for sale on Reverb at 90 quid.
By Lil_stu07 Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:13 pm
MOURADSLITI wrote:My MPCX recognizes my Mackie profx30 V3 BUT once connected and recognized and after routing channels to the mixer no sound arrives to the Mackie. I know that the usb audio routing from the MPC is an experimental idea, and so far all the functionning mixers with this addition are the tascam mixers.
My question is the following. If you are witnessing the same problem as myself, did you find a way to fix it?
I will be very thankful for all your help guys and girls.

I have a Profx10v3 and noticed that audio will only route through the control room outs and headphones. It works but is a pain if you're using external fx. I ended up just using it as a hardware mixer for my MPC One.

Tascam Model 12 works decently. But doesn't have the routing I need.
By Simon Brookes Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:41 pm
Orbitalgun wrote:2nd gen 18i20 Focusrite Scarlett and octo pre both work in stand alone and with the computer!

Hi. Can you tell me how you connect your interface to the MPC One and the computer? I would like the additional I/O .
By giacecco Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:44 pm
Teenage Engineering TX-6 does NOT work, because it only supports 48kHz, it cannot be changed in the settings, and the MPC X seems to want 44,1kHz only. This may change with future firmware updates on either device.
By Matt Gallister Mon May 02, 2022 12:08 pm
I tried a Behringer UMC404HD for playing back up to 6 Audiotracks plus one for Live-Vocals with FX. Sending one Mix to the PA (outs 1+2) and a seperate monitor mix to outs 3+4 for the in ear monitoring of our singer. Unfortunately this setup seemed to work initially, but then crashed the MPC randomly in different projects (about every 30 Minutes) and generates an extremely loud white noise on all outputs until you disconnect the interface from MPC. This is really the worst case for an Liveact as it could crash your speakers and eardrums. Anyhow, it never happens in internal audio mode (of course outs 3+4 are not existing physically but still available virtually in the project). So it seems that i have to look for another interface unfortunately or buy the Live or X... :-/ I'm open to ideas. ;-)
By Matt Gallister Tue May 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Update: I set up the samplerate to 1024 with the PC. Now it seems to work with a little bit more latency (says our singer) but still ok. It ran smooth during our app. 3 hours of practice and jamming yesterday. So hopefully this fixed the issue.

Matt Gallister wrote:I tried a Behringer UMC404HD for playing back up to 6 Audiotracks plus one for Live-Vocals with FX. Sending one Mix to the PA (outs 1+2) and a seperate monitor mix to outs 3+4 for the in ear monitoring of our singer. Unfortunately this setup seemed to work initially, but then crashed the MPC randomly in different projects (about every 30 Minutes) and generates an extremely loud white noise on all outputs until you disconnect the interface from MPC. This is really the worst case for an Liveact as it could crash your speakers and eardrums. Anyhow, it never happens in internal audio mode (of course outs 3+4 are not existing physically but still available virtually in the project). So it seems that i have to look for another interface unfortunately or buy the Live or X... :-/ I'm open to ideas. ;-)
By sheepbop Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm
Roland Duo-Capture EX 2 in 2 out. Works.

Must be switched to "tablet" mode, battery/DC only, not USB-powered.

Tested playback and Hi-Z instrument recording in Sampler mode. No crackles.

Interface has 2x TRS/XLR inputs, one switchable to Hi-Z, 2x TLS outputs, MIDI interface, phantom power.

Useful for plugging in microphones and guitars, even if not many ins and outs.