MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ronnymonkey Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:54 am
DNova wrote:
Ronnymonkey wrote:Tascam Model 24 connects, but if you return a signal to a channel on the Tascam and set that channel to USB you hear audio, but with clicks and glitches. So, Doesn't work

This is super disappointing. I just got home and was stoked to hook these up and do some mixdowns today. I’ll try to replicate and report back. Know what firmware for Model 24?

Firmware 1.50 0082
I return the audio from the mpc audio out channel back to the tascam model 24 on mode USB.
By Ronnymonkey Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:55 am
CBS25 wrote:
Ronnymonkey wrote:Tascam Model 24 connects, but if you return a signal to a channel on the Tascam and set that channel to USB you hear audio, but with clicks and glitches. So, Doesn't work

Will you explain this a little further?
I recently purchased the Tascam Model 16 and haven’t had any issues.

What is it, specifically, that you’re routing/returning and how?

I will try to replicate, too.

Just responded above. Let me know what you encounter. I hope its just my mistake and we can fix this.
By ivy-j Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:48 am
I hooked up my Scarlett 18i20 to MPC One via USB and it is able to recognize all of the I/O, however; any previously set internal routing configured using Focusrite control, no longer are in effect. As soon as I connected back to PC, it re establishes the custom internal routing.
By Zack Zerox Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am
ivy-j wrote:I hooked up my Scarlett 18i20 to MPC One via USB and it is able to recognize all of the I/O, however; any previously set internal routing configured using Focusrite control, no longer are in effect. As soon as I connected back to PC, it re establishes the custom internal routing.

That's interesting, must be a Linux or MPC-specific thing, because the Focusrites I've had /got (including a mark 2 18i20) maintain their customised routing even when you use them standalone!
By eldomo Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm
Hi everyone,
The MPC ONE cannot use the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen. as an USB sound card.
After reporting at length my issues to Akai (audio dropouts every 20-40 seconds on a brand new home studio setup, cables and whatnot,) here's their response:

Off topic:
This is an issue we have seen once before and appears to be specific to the 18i20.

This issue doesn’t occur on any other interfaces tested.

We believe the issue is occurring due to differences in bus speed/connection between the Focusrite and MPC. We’ve reported this behaviour back to our product teams to see if we can do anything to accommodate this interface, but the issue has been confirmed to be specific to this model/brand.

There is a work around, which would be to use the audio outs and not over USB.

I hope this helps.

Needless to say, this came as a major disappointment to me, as version 2.10 is what made me decide to finally acquire an MPC One Retro Edition after months of consumerist agony.

Should I hear anything back from their product team I'll drop a note here, as the work-around they offered isn't really a work-around to me.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this website!

Cheers,
El Domo
By Neurone Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:52 pm
Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD confirmed working.
No issues.
By audiohack Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm
audiohack wrote:RME Fireface UFX - MPC Live II recognizes it after putting the UFX in class compliant mode and at 44.1 kHz. Unfortunately, getting some pops and clicks when recording over USB. Switching USB cables didn't fix the issue. Kind of bummed.

My first generation RME Babyface Pro is recording without pops and clicks. I'm using the analog inputs and 8 adat channels coming in from a Ferrofish Pulse 16. I will continue to test it with longer recording times, multiple tracks etc. but so far, so good.
By mpresev Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:27 pm
I now have MOTU M4 as the usb soundcard for my X. It works but sometimes, i'll get this strange distorted Bit Crushing sound from time to time.. But when in controller mode, that all disappears.

nori wrote:Motu M4 working fine here on the One with 2.10 update. Someone else reported the M4 not working for them.

Mind you I just got the One a few weeks ago and updated directly to 2.10 so that might be why its working.

I havent done extensive testing but I plugged in the M4, on the One selected the 32 input/output option, rebooted and I was able to record my Peak for about 30 secs via the front inputs (1/2) without any audio artifacts .

I did get an error saying the sample rate of 44100 might not be supported by my interface. I think this happens when I connect the M4 after the One is booted up. I just reboot the One with M4 plugged in first and it seemed to fix that. So hotswapping definitely does not work here.
By misfit Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:28 pm
Working:
Yamaha THR-10C (probably safe to assume all THR models) guitar modeling amp. Bonus: wet on 1/2, dry on 3/4 (even when not using the 32 channel mode)

Not working:
Studiologic Numa Compact 2x audio (so safe to assume all Numa compacts). Wrong bit rate, and no way to change it in the Numa. MIDI still works.
By Polycyclic Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:11 pm
I’ve been lurking off and on for a while, but I thought I’d better post this.

I’ve been using the Behringer UMC1820 and thought everything was fine, but it has developed the clicking which sounds like digital misalignment that folks here have been pulling their hair out over.

And it’s been getting worse.

I tired every remedy I could think of, then I thought I’d check THE USB CABLE and what do you know. It didn’t say USB2 anywhere along the cable.

So I swapped it for a cable that actually does say USB 2.0 on it and the clicking cleared right up.

However, just before switching everything off (it’s night here as I type) I did think I heard a click. I’m tired so I’ll do some more testing hopefully over the weekend.

I hope this gives some of you a eureka moment and maybe clears it up in your case.
By Polycyclic Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:03 pm
Ok.
After some more testing there are still clicks, less of them, but they still exist.

I have the umc 1820 hooked up over ADAT to an ADA8200 I really wanted the extra channels, looks like that’s out, because I can’t reproduce the digital clicks with only the 1820 even via a usb hub which I initially thought was causing the issue.

But then something else happened, the mpc just suddenly couldn’t see the 1820, this has never happened before, shutdown reboot, still wasn’t seeing it, removed the hub from the equation still not seeing it, shutdown reboot dance still no luck.

Different usb 2 lead, issue apparently resolved, then the clicking started again.

IMO something is fishy with the mpc firmware, it’s not sending the digital clock properly.

I have another ADA8200, Bit I’m loath to plug it in as it’s all hooked up to a patchbay, and nobody wants to crawl in the back of those on an off-chance.

So, no clicking at all from the ADA8200 now for a good 5mins. Engineers LOVE intermittent problems, I can’t see this getting resolved quickly.

Aaaaand the clicking back. This is exasperating.

Mmm… maybe I do need to rewire my patchbay.