MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:05 pm
"Class compliant" may mean that it works with iPads and Macs without drivers. AFAIK there is no reference implementation or tester which audio interface _or_ host manufacturers could use to verify how class compliant their implementation is. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. You have now tested one MPC + interface combination and reported that it belongs to the category of currently non-working class compliant devices.
By emdog Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:41 am
I don’t know if that is necessarily true. There are different errors with different interface issues for example, I tried to use the SKAA and received a specific error. My guess was that it would not work because there was an output but no input Akai verified that that is what that error indicated. Unfortunately now with this error, they are telling me to do a hardware reset and reinstall the firmware.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:12 am
Roland Aira MX-1: works nicely as a USB audio interface with MPC One 2.14.0 - don't forget to set the MX-1's sampling rate to the MPC's native 44.1 kHz !

... But I don't use it as a USB audio interface, because I keep its "PC" USB connector to plug an actual PC for recording the master out and enjoy a fully digital audio path.

MPC sends to the MX-1 from the Komplete Audio 6's SPDIF out coax to the MX-1's "Digital" in - a perfect use of that. Well, almost perfect, because it requires setting the MX-1's sampling rate to the MPC's native 44.1 kHz - a pity since the whole Aira range is capable of 96 kHz... But good enough for me: at least it isn't analog !

MX-1's master out 2x balanced TRS go to Komplete Audio 6's input - and Komplete Audio 6's output 2x balanced TRS go to the studio monitors... Weird detour that lets the MPC sample from the MX-1. To reduce latency to the monitors, I might add an ART TPatch passive 8-channel patch bay to duplicate the MX-1's out to the monitors and to the audio interface, saving the roundtrip through the MPC... But it works for now.

For introspective studio work, I find the MPC alone best - but for screwing around with live stuff, the MX-1 is a very fun toy... And yes, that means TB-3 and TR-8 - but the live setup is about hands-on controls, so the MPC relinquishes some of its normal roles in that mode.
By Dolence Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 am
Yes exactly, I use it for that purpose. But you need the audio interface of course also.
As I wrote, I am using the iConnect Audio 4+ by iConnectivity which is discontinued (maybe also the Audio 4c works but I didn't try it). Second hand is quite cheap.

It works because it has two USB ports. I connect the MPC ONE to port 1 and the PC to port 2:

Can you confirm it still working on the latest firmware? I got one iConnect Audio 4+ and it start to pop/crack after 1 minute or so on firmware 3.3.0 on my Force.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am
Dolence wrote:[..] it start to pop/crack after 1 minute or so on firmware 3.3.0 on my Force.
I have found pop/crack issues caused by USB saturation - too much (sound, webcam etc.) trying to flow across a too narrow pipe (a whole USB hub's worth to a single USB2 port). Connecting the interface over its own host port solved it. Check that before trashing a perfectly fine interface !