MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 am
Polycyclic wrote:Ok.
After some more testing there are still clicks, less of them, but they still exist.

I have the umc 1820 hooked up over ADAT to an ADA8200 I really wanted the extra channels, looks like that’s out, because I can’t reproduce the digital clicks with only the 1820 even via a usb hub which I initially thought was causing the issue.

But then something else happened, the mpc just suddenly couldn’t see the 1820, this has never happened before, shutdown reboot, still wasn’t seeing it, removed the hub from the equation still not seeing it, shutdown reboot dance still no luck.

Different usb 2 lead, issue apparently resolved, then the clicking started again.

IMO something is fishy with the mpc firmware, it’s not sending the digital clock properly.

I have another ADA8200, Bit I’m loath to plug it in as it’s all hooked up to a patchbay, and nobody wants to crawl in the back of those on an off-chance.

So, no clicking at all from the ADA8200 now for a good 5mins. Engineers LOVE intermittent problems, I can’t see this getting resolved quickly.

Aaaaand the clicking back. This is exasperating.

Mmm… maybe I do need to rewire my patchbay.

What does the CPU load on the project you were trying to play look like? Maybe you've got too much going on and its crapping out on you. Akai did warn us we're going to take a CPU hit enabling the 32 ins and outs.

Ive been running an 1820 with mine since they put out the update, plenty of 6-8 hour straight sessions with all 10 outputs running, not a single issue with it yet. That clicking sounds like you've got some sync issues between your ADA and the UMC if it goes away without the ADA connected. I just sold mine about 6 months before Akai put out the update so I haven't been able to test the full I/O yet, and there is no way in hell Im sticking my hand behind the rack and trying to grab one of the sets of ADAT I/O on my Ferrofish to route over heh.
By cyber7 Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:30 am
I believe the M-Audio AIR 192/14 to work. Just bought one and in the middle of testing...
By Mental Fear Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:47 pm
KnobsOne wrote:Mackie ProFx16v3 works perfect. Of course in 44.1 kHz Mode.

Hi KnobsOne,

how many channels can you route from your MPC (One) into your Mackie ProFx16x3? 8 mono?

How many Mixer-channels can you route (parallel) into your MPC? 8 mono?

Can you route just one MPC-channel into 1x mono-mixer-channel (Mackie?

Sorry for my quedtions, i'd like to know more about that mixer but i can't find anything (in combination with an mpc (one)).

Cheers Jan
By audiohack Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:41 pm
For everyone that is reporting that their interface is working perfectly, are you just testing playback? Or are you also testing recording over USB in to your Live or One through your interface's inputs? With my RME UFX, playback works perfectly, but recording from its inputs does not work without pops and crackles being recorded also. My Babyface Pro records perfectly into my Live II, but the UFX does not - both are class compliant. Please don't post that your interface is working perfectly without testing both playback and recording, or at least identify what testing you did.
By KnobsOne Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:01 pm
PreSonus Studiolive 16.0.2 USB
works fine with very low latency. I use it with a MPC One. I send channel 1-8 to the mpc after cleaning the sound up in mixers Fat channel (HPF, Gate, Compressor, EQ).
In the mpc I add effects, maybe with automation, and send out the audio tracks to channels 9-16 of the mixer. Only 9-16 are send to the master, where everything is glued together by the master Compressor and EQ.
Best part: Midi program changes (via USB of course) make the mixer load all the scene settings, including fader positions and so on. So you can auto load you config per track.
By KnobsOne Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:11 pm
Mental Fear wrote:
KnobsOne wrote:Mackie ProFx16v3 works perfect. Of course in 44.1 kHz Mode.

Hi KnobsOne,

how many channels can you route from your MPC (One) into your Mackie ProFx16x3? 8 mono?

How many Mixer-channels can you route (parallel) into your MPC? 8 mono?

Can you route just one MPC-channel into 1x mono-mixer-channel (Mackie?

Sorry for my quedtions, i'd like to know more about that mixer but i can't find anything (in combination with an mpc (one)).

Cheers Jan

Hey Jan,

the ProFx16v3 comes with a 2x4 interface. You can record the masters (interface input channel 1-2) and you can send audio to the master (interface output channel 1-2) or you send it to the mixerchannel 15-16 (interface output channel 3-4).
So tbh for me the Mackie wasn't the gear of choice and I sold it to get a PreSonus Studiolive 16.0.2 USB. You can read more about this one in my post under this subject.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:10 pm
fredb wrote:Behringer X Air XR18 Works. You have to put it in 44.1K first.

Have you tried recording? I did last night using XR18 and Akai Force and I get pops and crackles in the recordings. Sending audio out of the Force to the XR18 and monitoring on the XR18 works fine, the only issue I have is with recording.
By frankie13 Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:42 pm
I spent a little more time with Force 3.1.1 and RME UFX and was able to get clean recordings as long as the preference to auto warp audio tracks is set to "off".
I'm going to experiment some more, but encouraged by this and would suggest that others experiencing clicks and pops on recordings try turning this pref off and see if it helps.
By Polycyclic Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:19 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Polycyclic wrote:Ok.
After some more testing there are still clicks, less of them, but they still exist.

I have the umc 1820 hooked up over ADAT to an ADA8200 I really wanted the extra channels, looks like that’s out, because I can’t reproduce the digital clicks with only the 1820 even via a usb hub which I initially thought was causing the issue.

But then something else happened, the mpc just suddenly couldn’t see the 1820, this has never happened before, shutdown reboot, still wasn’t seeing it, removed the hub from the equation still not seeing it, shutdown reboot dance still no luck.

Different usb 2 lead, issue apparently resolved, then the clicking started again.

IMO something is fishy with the mpc firmware, it’s not sending the digital clock properly.

I have another ADA8200, Bit I’m loath to plug it in as it’s all hooked up to a patchbay, and nobody wants to crawl in the back of those on an off-chance.

So, no clicking at all from the ADA8200 now for a good 5mins. Engineers LOVE intermittent problems, I can’t see this getting resolved quickly.

Aaaaand the clicking back. This is exasperating.

Mmm… maybe I do need to rewire my patchbay.

What does the CPU load on the project you were trying to play look like? Maybe you've got too much going on and its crapping out on you. Akai did warn us we're going to take a CPU hit enabling the 32 ins and outs.

Ive been running an 1820 with mine since they put out the update, plenty of 6-8 hour straight sessions with all 10 outputs running, not a single issue with it yet. That clicking sounds like you've got some sync issues between your ADA and the UMC if it goes away without the ADA connected. I just sold mine about 6 months before Akai put out the update so I haven't been able to test the full I/O yet, and there is no way in hell Im sticking my hand behind the rack and trying to grab one of the sets of ADAT I/O on my Ferrofish to route over heh.

Cpu between 20-23 percent.

Between 4-6 tracks.

Should that really be making the mpc one crap out?

I’m running an S3000xl into the mpc one, it’s an intermittent problem, sometimes unplugging and repluging the usb helps, mostly it doesn’t. Sometimes the issue is there, other times not and at other times still it’s fine but gets noticeable then worse over a few Hrs. The clicking is mostly apparent on bass notes, there’s also the distortion on the recording count in click. But at least I can switch it off.

Another issue that’s developed is hanging notes. Again intermittent, but It’s getting worse.

A while back I was scratching my head at a posters outburst that the updates had made the machine unusable garbage.

Well, I’m kinda seeing what they meant, if the next update doesn’t right these wrongs I’m gonna have to visit eBay which is a crying shame.

I’m running a sequence here for 10 minutes, not any sign of a click ITS SOOO damned frustrating. Repeatable problems I can work with.

I’ve been using adat optical for about 25 years, it’s not that I don’t know how that works :)
By Kcearl Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:42 pm
MOTU M4 definitely does not work 100% for me

I see two users have recommended it but I wonder how much they used it beyond an quick couple of bars to test as Ive already returned a new one and the replacement behaves the same on an MPC One, Force, and Live (which is still in beta) in battery mode. (Works fine on PC and Mac, haven’t tested iOS.)

At around every seven or eight bars you hear, very clearly, some digital artifacts over two or three notes. It’ll do this continuously but not exactly on that timeframe. This can sometimes be followed by a barely noticeable drop out or click for a fraction of a second

The good news is it isn’t being recorded, its purely on playback, and I can live with it.

Ive worked with what limited settings there are on windows but I don’t think they mean anything in class compliant mode. And its a fantastic interface for the price, just not 100% perfect for the Akais.