MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:53 am
Kcearl wrote:MOTU M4 definitely does not work 100% for me

I see two users have recommended it but I wonder how much they used it beyond an quick couple of bars to test as Ive already returned a new one and the replacement behaves the same on an MPC One, Force, and Live (which is still in beta) in battery mode. (Works fine on PC and Mac, haven’t tested iOS.)

At around every seven or eight bars you hear, very clearly, some digital artifacts over two or three notes. It’ll do this continuously but not exactly on that timeframe. This can sometimes be followed by a barely noticeable drop out or click for a fraction of a second

The good news is it isn’t being recorded, its purely on playback, and I can live with it.

Ive worked with what limited settings there are on windows but I don’t think they mean anything in class compliant mode. And its a fantastic interface for the price, just not 100% perfect for the Akais.

According to MOTU, their class compliance is only for Mac and iOS. MOTU does not like Linux, so they probably wouldn't go out of their way to make it a truly class compliant device. Some of their older units do have Linux drivers though, my old 828mk2 worked great in Ubuntu, but you know, firewire. Someone hacked together a driver for it so its in the kernel now, just like the AMT8/Unitor drivers too. Still kind of shocked of all the devices, my Behringer UMC just works like it should and now Ive got a 10in/12 out MPC (or 18/20 if I need to).
By Neurone Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm
:Sigh:

PLEASE keep long winded questions/statements in the other thread.

Just state if the interface works or does not in this thread.

As per the title...LIST of working/non working interfaces.
By gearsharknu Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:52 pm
gearsharknu wrote:I connected a Prism Titan to the Force 3.1.1 after changing the clock to 44.1k and the Force recognized it briefly before an error message displayed. i will try again later with warp off. Before I do, has anyone had any success with Prism interfaces?

Sad to report that after many attempts no sound came from the Force through the Titan even after it recognized the device without an error message. So, scratch this one off the list. If I can find a stable interface with ADAT connections I may still be able to use it.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:14 pm
KnobsOne wrote:PreSonus Studiolive 16.0.2 USB
works fine with very low latency. I use it with a MPC One. I send channel 1-8 to the mpc after cleaning the sound up in mixers Fat channel (HPF, Gate, Compressor, EQ).
In the mpc I add effects, maybe with automation, and send out the audio tracks to channels 9-16 of the mixer. Only 9-16 are send to the master, where everything is glued together by the master Compressor and EQ.
Best part: Midi program changes (via USB of course) make the mixer load all the scene settings, including fader positions and so on. So you can auto load you config per track.

Have you tested both playback & recording for clicks/pops?
Also are the faders on the Presonus flowing up your MPC mix automation in USB?If not can you test this under classic Midi Din connection if it’s working?

gearsharknu wrote:If I can find a stable interface with ADAT connections I may still be able to use it.

Here’s your solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEyoh77Bo0

Just plug an RME Babyface Pro to your MPC hook up an ADAT interface and off you go! (Never tried the ADAT additional connection but i guess it’ll work..)
Works for me flawlessly in both playback/recording with amazing quality!Now i need to test the setup using a DAW controller (Behringer X-Touch) for some motorised faders action.
By gearsharknu Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:59 pm
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have Babyface Pro lying around! I did have an old Event EZBUS though, and guess what, it worked! It has ADAT and SPDIF ins and outs so I'm now able to connect my Prism Titan and experience some truly amazing conversion. Back in business!
By Kcearl Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 pm
Neurone wrote::Sigh:

PLEASE keep long winded questions/statements in the other thread.

Just state if the interface works or does not in this thread.

As per the title...LIST of working/non working interfaces.

Motu M4:

yes it does work but
no it doesnt work either

:popcorn:
By Kcearl Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Kcearl wrote:MOTU M4 definitely does not work 100% for me

I see two users have recommended it but I wonder how much they used it beyond an quick couple of bars to test as Ive already returned a new one and the replacement behaves the same on an MPC One, Force, and Live (which is still in beta) in battery mode. (Works fine on PC and Mac, haven’t tested iOS.)

At around every seven or eight bars you hear, very clearly, some digital artifacts over two or three notes. It’ll do this continuously but not exactly on that timeframe. This can sometimes be followed by a barely noticeable drop out or click for a fraction of a second

The good news is it isn’t being recorded, its purely on playback, and I can live with it.

Ive worked with what limited settings there are on windows but I don’t think they mean anything in class compliant mode. And its a fantastic interface for the price, just not 100% perfect for the Akais.

According to MOTU, their class compliance is only for Mac and iOS. MOTU does not like Linux, so they probably wouldn't go out of their way to make it a truly class compliant device. Some of their older units do have Linux drivers though, my old 828mk2 worked great in Ubuntu, but you know, firewire. Someone hacked together a driver for it so its in the kernel now, just like the AMT8/Unitor drivers too. Still kind of shocked of all the devices, my Behringer UMC just works like it should and now Ive got a 10in/12 out MPC (or 18/20 if I need to).

Makes sense :smoker:
By hahnice Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 am
Presonus Studio 1824c - Failed
I get error code -5 probably due to not being able to set it to 44.1khz as suggested. You can set this to 44.1khz on the PC but as soon as you disconnect it and plug it into the Akai Force it appears to be reset to 192kbs
By misterflibble Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:34 pm
frankie13 wrote:I spent a little more time with Force 3.1.1 and RME UFX and was able to get clean recordings as long as the preference to auto warp audio tracks is set to "off".
I'm going to experiment some more, but encouraged by this and would suggest that others experiencing clicks and pops on recordings try turning this pref off and see if it helps.

Any more luck staying click and pop free with auto warp set to off?
By Monotremata Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:20 pm
misterflibble wrote:Somebody in a similar thread for Force said that disabling auto-warp and dropping the bitrate to 16-bit along with a higher quality USB cable got rid of their clicks and pops. Worth a try. If you test this out, please report back with your findings.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=212452#p1839186

Instead of dropping the bit rate, Windows users actually have a way to solve this problem. Connect your MPC in controller mode, go into the Windows Control Panel and click on the MPC's control panel and change your buffer size there. Us Mac folks are screwed, we have no way to do this unless we have a PC around or a virtual machine of some sort.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:59 pm
Monotremata wrote:
misterflibble wrote:Somebody in a similar thread for Force said that disabling auto-warp and dropping the bitrate to 16-bit along with a higher quality USB cable got rid of their clicks and pops. Worth a try. If you test this out, please report back with your findings.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=212452#p1839186

Instead of dropping the bit rate, Windows users actually have a way to solve this problem. Connect your MPC in controller mode, go into the Windows Control Panel and click on the MPC's control panel and change your buffer size there. Us Mac folks are screwed, we have no way to do this unless we have a PC around or a virtual machine of some sort.

Isn't that just adjusting the bit depth for the internal audio interface on the MPC for when Windows uses it as the audio interface? I would not expect this setting to change anything when the MPC is using another interface in standalone mode.