MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ACRE Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 am
HiGrade1 wrote:how? just swapping in custom JPGs?

yes, but make sure you keep the original resolution of the png's so that your new skin will always fit the screen of the mpc ... it's pretty easy actually
By EnochLight Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:06 pm
I was just about to start a thread on this, but you beat me to it. :) Hoping some talented (read: Photoshop/graphic design masters) release some new custom skins for the built-in plugins that take the skeuomorphism a step up. I think the ones Akai did are just fantastic, but I'm really big on custom skins.

I think Bonsaipanda did some for some of the OG effects modules last summer - hope he tackles the new plugins!

https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... ount=23523

By Bfdw Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:17 am
Hey guys, thanks for the info.
Looking good, all those skins.

For some reason my MacBook won’t show the MPC’s internal drive. It only shows the SD card.

Do yo know why? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:00 pm
Bfdw wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the info.
Looking good, all those skins.

For some reason my MacBook won’t show the MPC’s internal drive. It only shows the SD card.

Do yo know why? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

This is correct, the internal drive of the MPC is not accessible from a computer. Swapping out skins only works if the plugin is stored on the 'Synths' folder on an attached drive like an SD card, USB drive etc. That is unless you have hacked your MPC to support SSH access (will void your warranty).
By Bfdw Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:32 pm
Thanks so much for the explanation .

Will try to figure this out in the evening and hopefully be able to soon share some results.