MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By theabstract Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 pm
I have the first version of the MPC Live. I would like a portable, battery powered speaker to sort of make my Live more like the Live II.
The portable speakers, like those outdoor bluetooth ones, but with a line in... have a delay when you press the key to when you hear the sound (I guess because of the signal processing).

Any thoughts on good portable, battery powered speakers with a line in that I can use with my Live 1 as a option at a park or backyard.... preferably inexpensive too ... as I intend to use it occasionally
By Komatos Records Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm
I haven’t used it specifically with my MPC X, but I purchased for about $10 from Big Lots several years ago a Panasonic PBT 3009 small Bluetooth speaker. I use it to play music from web radio stations on my wife and my phones. Via Bluetooth. But it also has an ⅛” line in jack. Decent sound for a small speaker box (approximately 6”-9” long x 3”-4” high and wide). Charges via a USB cable to built-in battery over 2-4 hours. Lasts 6-10 hours of playback between charges.
By Crumb$ Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 pm
You're not gonna get latency if you connect via cable. I use my old bose soundlink mini. For what it is (a small speaker) I think the sound is very good, ie loud enough and reasonable bass. Compared to other more fashionable speakers the price was pretty low and the battery outlasts the battery on my Live.
By Ultros Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:10 am
Another thing to keep in mind about a battery powered speaker is that as the charge wears thin the speaker starts to sound more and more muddy and dull because the power needed to drive it isn't there. :(
By gazbeats Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:18 am
Another option to consider since 2.10 might be a USB computer speaker (USB powered speaker with built in class-compliant audio). I have a Dell AC511 USB soundbar which now works with my MPC One. The sound is ok and I don't notice any latency. Only problem is the volume knob on the soundbar doesn't do anything and neither does the physical master vol knob on the MPC ONE. It defaults to loud and I turn it down by adjusting the Masters level in the mixer. So not perfect but quite convenient.
By DokBrown Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:58 pm
ADVANCED SEARCH is your friend. “studio set up & gear advice”

I would NOT trust any sound system that doesn’t have a real power cord & ¼ ins.
This Bluetooth plastic stuff u find on sale for $40-80 is mostly trash.
Quality sound requires a solid amp, woofers & tweeters which requires juice & space to vibrate.

If u want to save $$$, hit craigslist for some used but quality stuff.
I would expect to drop $200-400 cash
By Icepulse Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:14 pm
Crumb$ wrote:You're not gonna get latency if you connect via cable. I use my old bose soundlink mini. For what it is (a small speaker) I think the sound is very good, ie loud enough and reasonable bass. Compared to other more fashionable speakers the price was pretty low and the battery outlasts the battery on my Live.

+1 on this. The Soundlink Mini sounds great, has a good battery life, AND the battery is replaceable. Bose makes their stuff to last a lifetime.

https://www.amazon.com/JOTACT-Compatibl ... s9dHJ1ZQ==