MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Col the Doctor Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:11 pm
1) When self/resampling with FX inserts turned on at the output stage, or at the track stage, the FX mix gets screwed up. Am I doing it wrong or is this a bug? It sounds right when I'm previewing, but then the recorded material is more dry. Yes I'm turning those insert FX off when playing back the samples.

2) these 2.10 plugs, mellowtron, odyssey, etc, how do I tune them? Are we really so stuck that we cant even depart from A440? What happens when I need to provide a backing track to a vocalist who accidentally tuned 50cents up?

Thanks for any suggestions!
By EnochLight Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:43 pm
Col the Doctor wrote:What happens when I need to provide a backing track to a vocalist who accidentally tuned 50cents up?

You're likely tracking said vocalist in a DAW, correct? Time to hit that Melodyne (or equivalent)! :lol:

Yeah, you can't tune the plugins just yet. It's been a feature request, but apparently not a huge one.
By Col the Doctor Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:34 pm
EnochLight wrote:You're likely tracking said vocalist in a DAW, correct? Time to hit that Melodyne (or equivalent)! :lol:
Yeah, you can't tune the plugins just yet. It's been a feature request, but apparently not a huge one.

LOL OK thanks Enoch. Amazing these engineers can build such a sophisticated tool but then leave out the most basic control.

I've got another noob question to add to my list: Is there a way to use autosampler to build a drum program, or can it only auto-create the keygroup type program? Do I even care if it can't make a drum program? Is it correct that the only difference between drum program and keygroup is the availability of warp processing?