MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TW707 Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 am
Hey. I’ve been using a 2500 with jjosxl for the last 5 years. I recently bought an MPC One to use while I get the tact switches replaced on my 2500, and to see how the 2 machines compare. So far I’ve been loving the One, and this most recent update is making me consider letting go of the 2500. However, there is one thing I still haven’t figure out how to do on the MPC one, and I was hoping somebody might be able to help. In the 2500, after I chop up a sample and convert to a drum program, I am able to switch between stereo and the left, and right channels in pgm mode. So basically if I just want the left or right side of a stereo sample or chop I can change a pad or an entire pgm to just play the left or right side in mono with the turn of a knob. I have not been able to figure out how to do this in the One in a way that is not extremely time consuming. In the One, I am able to convert a stereo sample’s left or right channel to mono, but not an entire program. So to replicate what the 2500 does I would have to convert the stereos sample’s left to mono, then right to mono, and then chop each of the 3 samples separately. I have messed around with both the pan and AIR width on the One as well but to no avail. I think that it may be because on the one I am non destructively chopping the sample which is the preferred method for me. Anyways, apologies for the long post but I’m running out of ideas on how to do this in the One.