MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Neodymium Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:22 pm
I have a Scarlett 4i4, so if I connect to the ONE I will have a total of 6 ins. I'd like 10 really, and have been using a small mixer. I was going to upgrade the mixer before this latest release, and even though it was going to be a 'usb mixer' I prefer to be more compact

Unfortunately 2 of the 8 ins on the Scarlett 8i6 are SPIDF, so an upgrade to this only gives me an extra 2 ins.

Does any know of a 8 in USB device, below ideally 200 dollars I can connect up? I don't really need anything els, although 2 outs would be useful.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:56 pm
Your interface will completely replace the audio I/O of the MPC One, you have to go to preferences and specifically state which interface you want to use ('internal' or Scarlett).

If you want 10 recording inputs you'll need an interface with 10 recording inputs.

Tascam Model 12 seems to be the all round favourite ATM, but out of your budget.
By Neodymium Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:05 pm
Ah damn, so they are not additional in and outs. So even the Scarlett 18i8 doesn't help, being 10 of those are ADAT + SPIDF
By Neodymium Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:09 pm
Should gave guessed really.

Can you run two of the same USB compliant devices?

EDIT: Scarletts don't seem to support it.

Behringer do an ADAT for about 120 quid, but I'd still need new Scarlett to support that.

Looks like a USB mixer is the best bet.
By SakisX Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:41 pm
The TC Helicon Blender ,despite the recent price bump , would be ideal ,but a user here mentioned it doesn't work although it is plug'n'play device, which is strange
It has 6 stereo line in inputs (no mic) and a stereo out with build in mixer for 4 separate mix outputs for direct monitoring . (usb audio out is the same ,one stereo for all outputs)
By SakisX Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm
Neodymium wrote:8 out of 10 are mono channels. just the one needs stereo.

?
If you talk about the Blender :
6 stereo in , 4 stereo out but thru usb you have
6 stereo in , 1 stereo out or
12 mono in , 2 mono out
By Neodymium Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:05 am
Yeah I get you can split headphone stereo jacks, but I am looking for proper mono inputs, and outs. I'm not running my gear on 3.5s. Also 2 on my ins are guitars level, and occasionally mic.
By Neodymium Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:31 am
Zoom LiveTrak L-12 looks to be an option, gives me the inputs I need, but just a pair of outs It's going for 15.5 million, and Scarlet 18i6 is currently 9 million.

I'm after a Microfreak, but it's not available here. It has a vocoder, I had hoped to send a track from the MPC as a modulator to the Microofreak. BUt this doesn't seem possible with the Zoom