MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SakisX Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:20 am
druki wrote:I'm unable to update any versions at all, I have 2.7.1 installed, none of the firmware updates will install, all give the same error unfortunately..

Unfortunately it looks like a hardware issue . If you are lucky ,it may be a faulty power adapter .
I'm out of ideas ... if the internal storage was full (never save samples to the internal) , I assume it would be different error
By Itzcollegeboii Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:49 pm
That’s what Akai told me it may be. They’re sending me a new power adapter. If that doesn’t work I may send it to MPCstuff.com… they said it could possibly be the “Carrier PCB Board” . They can replace those on the units.

SakisX wrote:
druki wrote:I'm unable to update any versions at all, I have 2.7.1 installed, none of the firmware updates will install, all give the same error unfortunately..

Unfortunately it looks like a hardware issue . If you are lucky ,it may be a faulty power adapter .
I'm out of ideas ... if the internal storage was full (never save samples to the internal) , I assume it would be different error
By Ndecaro Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 am
Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my MPC one.
The email support keeps ignoring my request by replying all my emails with the link to the installation guide. I have tried win update, mac update, usb update. Which phone number you had to call to get decent support?
I am stuck with 2.7.2.
Thanks
By [email protected] Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:10 pm
So, i was facing the issues updating my MPC One. I bought mine 2nd hand and it was on Ver 2.8.
I could not update to any version (2.9 or 2.10 images available from ) via usb disk/sd card due to the "File is not recognized, try again" error. I couldn't update via USB connection on PC due to "Cannot detect MPC, Plug power cable and try again." error.

On inspection of the PSU that came with the machine, I could see that it was the incorrect PSU (it was 12v, and I'm surprised the MPC even booted.) So, I bought a 19v 3.42A laptop PSU on amazon.

To muddy the waters here a little, I also used the 2.10.1 update file, obtained from my personal product page on akaiPro (I registered the machine with the serial number and logged in) and NOT the one from the page @ https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-one.

After that I placed the file on a usb stick, and it updated first time.

TLDR; make sure your PSU is rated correctly and also perhaps try getting the image file by logging into your "My Products" area at https://www.akaipro.com/customer/accoun ... strations/
By Softfocus Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:18 am
Hi all,
Im having exactly the same issues with an MPC 1 ,I bought a couple of weeks ago.
It will not update directly from a macbook pro, responding with a message asking to be plugged in..!
When tried with USB stick it says the file is unreadable ,or some such bollocks!
Ive written to Akai ,and I dont expect much joy.
I reckon its got to go back, but I'd like to know how many of us poor bastards are out there?
Cheers Rick
By Softfocus Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:31 pm
Hi , just to see if you had any luck?
I wonder if it may be a bad batch?
My serial starts in A12 and ends in 887 .
I dont know if this corresponds to a manufacture batch but maybe ?
Also it was from Thoman .
I wrote to Akai a couple of days ago ,but im going to try and phone them tommorow.
If I cant get it sorted quick its going back.
Ill let you know if I find anything out.
Cheers Rick
By zay2001 Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:37 pm
IT IS THE POWER CORD....this is wierd but try it....I had a wild idea after i kept getting message after message saying plug power cable in....so i grabbed my cable from my MPC X and it worked like i havent been trying for the last 8 hours..
I first went to 2.10 and then I then was able to update the synth files to 2.10.1
By VoodooTik Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:52 pm
OK this is what worked for me. I have an MPC One on 2.9, but wanted to update to 2.10. What I did was this:-

1. Select the PC Updater version of whichever firmware update you want (or MAC) - you can find this in your registered products section of your AKAI account

2. Download the updater

3. Open the updater - do not press the update button yet!

4. Now, take the USB cable that came with your MPC that has a normal USB cable head on one end and a box-shaped USB head on the other end

5. Connect the box-shaped USB head onto your MPC (not sure if the Live has this) and the normal shaped USB head into your computer/laptop

6. You MUST ensure that no other USB cables of any kind are plugged into your computer/laptop apart from the one that connects to your MPC, otherwise the updater can't distinguish where to send the update to (so unplug all accessories from your computer that use USB ports like mouse, keyboard, external hard drive)!

7. Turn your MPC One on and put it in Update Mode (click the Home icon, then click the cogwheel icon on the top bar, then hold shift and click on "update" on the bottom right) and wait for it to load into update mode

8. Most people seem to get the "power not plugged in" warning once they press the update button on their laptop/computer, so what I did was disconnect the DC power cable that I was using for my laptop and connected it onto my MPC One to act as its power source (I normally use a portable Lithium ion battery with a DC output that connects to my MPC One, instead of the laptop cable)

9. In doing so, this makes the updater happy that you've got enough power to update and so once you click the update button on your laptop/computer, your update should start successfully

10. Hope this was clear and helpful :)
By just charlie Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:48 pm
I had this problem also, I was updating an MPC One from 2.10 to 2.12 with the firmware update on an SD card. In my case the problem was that I was using a battery pack to power the MPC; as soon as I used the official power adapter plugged into the wall it worked. I'm not sure how it can tell the difference, but in case anyone is having this problem, check your power adapter.