MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SakisX Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:52 pm
Itzcollegeboii wrote:Checksum is fine. Anyone else got any suggestions?

SHA512 checksum? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maybe placing the img file on the sd card instead of usb ? (I always use the sd card for updates, formatted as exfat)
By Itzcollegeboii Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:13 pm
I did the md5 checksum.

I’ve tried the sd card but it didn’t work. Probably cause it has my kits, projects etc on it. I gotta get a blank one and try it.

SakisX wrote:
Itzcollegeboii wrote:Checksum is fine. Anyone else got any suggestions?

SHA512 checksum? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maybe placing the img file on the sd card instead of usb ? (I always use the sd card for updates, formatted as exfat)
By SakisX Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:37 pm
Itzcollegeboii wrote:I’ve tried the sd card but it didn’t work. Probably cause it has my kits, projects etc on it. I gotta get a blank one and try it.

I had also different folders with samples & projects on my sd card ,but the update was ok
Try reinstalling 2.9 and then run the update again?
By druki Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:49 pm
Yeh, I've tried it all aswell, downloaded every firmware update since 2.7.1 which is what it came with, tried three usb sticks and two sd cards, ive tried running the updater from a mac mini, macbook pro laptop and a pc, all have the same error, the mpc enters controller mode and communicates fine with my mac mini so it's not that the computer can't see it, im at a loss, hopefully akai will get back to me at some point.
i think im just going to return my mpc at this point. if anyone has any other suggestions though I would love to get this to work, but i suspect something is wrong with our batch of mpcs guys... :(
By Ultros Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:33 am
So to be clear, you put the firmware on the root of the sd named correctly. great, did you go to the settings menu (the gear) then click "general" then hold down shift and press update on the screen?
By Itzcollegeboii Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:55 am
It’s not working. To be honest my mpc is still on 2.7.1. I haven’t had anything work

SakisX wrote:
Itzcollegeboii wrote:I’ve tried the sd card but it didn’t work. Probably cause it has my kits, projects etc on it. I gotta get a blank one and try it.

I had also different folders with samples & projects on my sd card ,but the update was ok
Try reinstalling 2.9 and then run the update again?
By Itzcollegeboii Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:58 am
I def think mine is defective. I have one of the first ones. If your still under warranty (which is a year) please exchange it. I called Akai. The email thing is slow. Just talk to a technician.

druki wrote:Yeh, I've tried it all aswell, downloaded every firmware update since 2.7.1 which is what it came with, tried three usb sticks and two sd cards, ive tried running the updater from a mac mini, macbook pro laptop and a pc, all have the same error, the mpc enters controller mode and communicates fine with my mac mini so it's not that the computer can't see it, im at a loss, hopefully akai will get back to me at some point.
i think im just going to return my mpc at this point. if anyone has any other suggestions though I would love to get this to work, but i suspect something is wrong with our batch of mpcs guys... :(
By Itzcollegeboii Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:05 am
Yep I know exactly how to go the update screen on the mpc. Every time I click it, it fines the firmware update. I hit update to update it. The screen will show up like it’s about to update. Then I’ll get a message saying “there was a problem with the update file. please check the file and try again.”

Ultros wrote:So to be clear, you put the firmware on the root of the sd named correctly. great, did you go to the settings menu (the gear) then click "general" then hold down shift and press update on the screen?
By kaydigi Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 am
druki wrote:Yeh, I've tried it all aswell, downloaded every firmware update since 2.7.1 which is what it came with, tried three usb sticks and two sd cards, ive tried running the updater from a mac mini, macbook pro laptop and a pc, all have the same error, the mpc enters controller mode and communicates fine with my mac mini so it's not that the computer can't see it, im at a loss, hopefully akai will get back to me at some point.

I know you are annoyed at this point, but did you press reset on the preferences screen?

Before you give up ask Akai for the complete image file to wipe the system and reformat it back to factory.It's a huge 7 or 8 gig file that you can flash your system back,

But I don't blame for just sending it in for service/refund
By druki Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:06 am
Yeh. have the exact same issue- hold down shift, press update, it finds the file, starts to update, and then.. gives that same error, there was a problem with the update file.. tried every other avenue as well..

i mean, everything else works fine, I have arranged to send mine back for warranty, but i would love to get it resolved without having to resort to that (i mean if their support is this bad imagine how long they will take to actually reinstall the os on a unit!!) haha

thanks for the help everyone, but it does seem this is something corrupt in the os, or a hardware issue..