MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 pm
The battery pack may not be delivering the same power spec as the internal power supply.

Battery pack may not have been over 70%.

Some devices, by default, will not update if available power is below 70%, idk if mpc’s fall into this category or not, but, it’s possible.
By Odiophil Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:30 am
I stuck at 2.7.2 and hope with every new update, I could update my mpcx to an actual version.
I had the 2.9 installed once, but an further update fails for whatever reason (no unplug etc) and I couldn't boot the mpcx anymore. The only solution was to go back to 2.7.2. I tried all available versions, nothing newer works than 2.7.2

Akai-Support says I have to send the unit in, because it could be, a board is still running an older/incompatible version.. But shouldn't is be possible to update in small steps? I tried it all..

I tried today with 2.12.1, the latest Version for now but it doesn't work. Install 2.7.2 again always saves my life.

What about the Powercord/Powersupply Issue? Are there different Versions? Mine does 19V with 3.42A..

Any suggestion except sending the unit to service. That of course is not for free...I feel not guilty for update errors.
By Telefunky Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 am
Before update, unplug the unit from power supply and make it fully discharge capacitors onboard by switching it on/off a couple of times without the power cable connected.
Then plugin power again and start as usual.
The method often is a cure to erroneous values „stored“ in the hardware.
By dustyslices Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:19 pm
[quote="Odiophil"]
I tried today with 2.12.1, the latest Version for now but it doesn't work. Install 2.7.2 again always saves my life.
/quote]

if I understand correctly, you're able to install the update but the it doesn't boot at all right ?

I would try an unlocked firmware then try to SSH to your MPC and run DMESG to check for any problems.
I guess you could ask Ultros if he have any "vanilla" firmware kicking around as the Hakai one might leave some "force" directories behind and Akai might not like it - just comfirm it with Ultros. If not I might make you an unlocked 2.12.1 vanilla firmware when I got a minute.
By Ultros Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:01 am
Should be ok, the directories my script populate are in /media which is a temp file system. If you go back to stock it should be clean. However thats not needed. Just plug the usb from mpc to pc, then while holding down bank c, browse, full level hit the power button and keep holding down the buttons until you see the usb upload screen. then run the inmusic pc installer.

also if anyone uses my custom rom, you cannot install another firmware while you are in any other mode than the originally intended operational mode. (take the hakai card out, and dont use it as the update drive)
By Odiophil Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:17 pm
Hi Guys, sorry for beeing offline so long.
@Telefunky, unfortunately not working.
@dustyslices, im able to run the installer with all versions via usb or osx/windows but after "installation" of any newer than 2.7.2 the device reboots and freezes. Only after installation with 2.7.2 it works again!

the support said, maybe a hardware-part is "stuck" in an older version. But that sounds strange, because once there was a 2.9.0. and only roll back to 2.7.2 recovers.

Dear Ultros, would I be able to install the "inmusic" version again after tryout with "vanilla"?

I hate it, when companies force users to update with always faster/better/stronger features and don't care about bugs..

Happy New Year!

EDIT:
I just checked out the SSH Image. I only found the 12.x on Github. The Installation via usb also failed, like the original one. Do you have still a 2.7.2 "SSH open" version?

My hope, there are tmp folders left I could delete. Of course Ultros, you are the crack, maybe some ideas I could trigger a installation from the internal sd, so the "hardware parts" like the Akai support said are not flying in the air tonight anymore..
By Odiophil Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:38 pm
Firmware: 2.7.2. 10 release (v2.7.2.10) [OS 642aee3]
Control Surface: v0.50

Bootloader: U-Boot 2016.05-inmusic-20170406, Environment:
2019.02.5-00009- g9a83199276, GPU: Mali-T76x 4 cores rOpo 0x0750, Linux:
4.19.93-inmusic-2020-01-07-rt35, Remote MIDI: V1.4.2, Touch firmware: ili2110-0.0.6.0