MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Okay so it appears some of you are not bothering to read the very detailed bug reports topic and instead are repeatedly posting about the same issue that's actually discussed and workaround provided on the first page on that topic.

If you can't record or overdub after loading a project, or perhaps randomly while working on an otherwise perfectly functioning topic, make sure your track is RECORD ARMED.

Here's the details:

viewtopic.php?p=1832605#p1832605
By Art James Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 am
not sure if this is related but i bought a tascam model 12 and when i record audio back into my MPC live 2via usb like the video on the akai youtube page it only picks up input 11,12
it does not read any audio other input any idea why?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 am
Art James wrote:not sure if this is related but i bought a tascam model 12 and when i record audio back into my MPC live 2via usb like the video on the akai youtube page it only picks up input 11,12
it does not read any audio other input any idea why?

Not related. This will be a model 12 configuration issue, it sounds like the default action as 11/12 is the master buss outs, most likely needs specifically configuring to output from individuals channels. Please start a separate topic about this.
By Bezo Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:18 pm
Hmmm...

I'm trying to work with the plugin for the 1st time in the longest. Despite record arming tracks, no midi is being recorded.

I thought it might be the Hardware/Control settings set to DAW instead of Plugin, but I can't find the setting. Has this been (re)moved, or maybe replaced with another setting? Anything else I should check?

And the record arm thing is happening to me in new songs as well, though I'm creating them from an old template.
By Bezo Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I don't use the plugin, so can't comment on that. But if it's an old template then it will be affected by the track arm bug. Just re-arm and re-save the template, it should be fine.

I've resaved my template a few times updating it for plugin use, but probably didn't arm the tracks prior to saving. I'll try that.

But my real issue is not being able to record in the plugin even after arming tracks, using transport controls on the Live. I've setup the Live with transport control over Studio One and thought that might be it, but the problem remains even after disabling those.

I can at least record in the plugin using Studio One transport controls. But I don't get a count in, which is a PITA. And I can record with no problems in the standalone software, so I'm really confused by this. I'm 'this' close to settling on a workflow that includes the Live. One more hurdle.
By 83dude Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:27 am
Bezo wrote:I can at least record in the plugin using Studio One transport controls. But I don't get a count in, which is a PITA.

This is normal behaviour since MPC can‘t really dictate your host‘s count-in. You‘ll need to set that in your host DAW.
By Bezo Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:07 pm
83dude wrote:
Bezo wrote:I can at least record in the plugin using Studio One transport controls. But I don't get a count in, which is a PITA.

This is normal behaviour since MPC can‘t really dictate your host‘s count-in. You‘ll need to set that in your host DAW.

Came back to say, setting S1 to record via keyboard shortcut (R), then hitting record on the MPC triggers the count in. Slight inconvenience since I'm trying to stay off the mouse, but I think this is as good as it will get.

Last hurdle is overdub. The button doesn't seem to be active in the plugin at all, maybe because S1 doesn't have a simple overdub recording command itself. Any suggestions for this are appreciated.
By Gargoyle Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:19 pm
Sorry for reopening this but it is driving me insane.

My MPC randomly won't record audio. I'll come to a new project, record an audio sample, everything is fine. I'll go to a new track, exact same settings (yes, track armed and everything) and nada. I can hear the audio as I play through the MPC monitors, there's clearly signal there but no audio gets recorded. Same if I switch instrument. I've tried swapping out cables, everything. Sometimes it wants to behave, sometimes not. No rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can see.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it an RTB?
By E23N42SF Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pm
Gargoyle wrote:Sorry for reopening this but it is driving me insane.

My MPC randomly won't record audio. I'll come to a new project, record an audio sample, everything is fine. I'll go to a new track, exact same settings (yes, track armed and everything) and nada. I can hear the audio as I play through the MPC monitors, there's clearly signal there but no audio gets recorded. Same if I switch instrument. I've tried swapping out cables, everything. Sometimes it wants to behave, sometimes not. No rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can see.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it an RTB?

Haved a similar problem, and the mistake was that creating new track a forgot to activate the IN Monitor mode. in the down part of the chanel . I use to record only in Main Mode / Audio.