MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kyoki Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am
Hello guys,

I am planning to buy a new mixer after the latest update we received. I am looking for a probably 12 or 16 channel mixer. Could somebody propose a good option which will be compatible with my MPC One? I have been looking for a few days but maybe somebody with more experience can help me out here.

Thank you in advance!
best
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:50 pm
Tascam Model 12/16/24 depending on your needs, just check the differences, the 12 has some extra features but isn't actually an analogue mixer, it's digital, which might be a dealbreaker for some. I just picked one up myself, although not had a chance to set it up yet. The model 12 is used in the main Akai promo video for 2.10, no reported issues with this.
By Neurone Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:36 pm
It seems that the Behringer Xenyx USB mixers are all working, good selection of inputs/price available on those.
Build quality can be iffy though.
By PatchWilliam Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:33 pm
I got the Behringer Xenyx 24 because it has 8 direct outs for the first 8 channels which will allow me to run through the mixer and right into my 8 input interface for live recording into my DAW.
Any mixer with USB connectivity will be able to take your audio over USB though. I just wanted the added ability of separating those 8 channels back out for recording sessions.
By Neodymium Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:35 am
It seems the distinction lies in including the word 'interface' in the movers name

As I understand
USB Mixer = Mixer that mixes down multiple in puts and sends the mix to the MPC
USB Interface Mixer = Mixer that mixes and sends/receives each channel to the MPC

Tascam have both the L12 and Model 12 that are both USB Interface Mixers. Neither I have used so I can't say more.
By JudasBrain Tue May 10, 2022 3:24 pm
PatchWilliam wrote:I got the Behringer Xenyx 24 because it has 8 direct outs for the first 8 channels which will allow me to run through the mixer and right into my 8 input interface for live recording into my DAW.
Any mixer with USB connectivity will be able to take your audio over USB though. I just wanted the added ability of separating those 8 channels back out for recording sessions.

I’ve got the 1204 xenyx and can NOT get it to work to save my life. I can get channels 1/2 to play tracks, but when I select different outs on my MPC nothing happens…what’s your secret lol
By Cris_Tyan Thu May 12, 2022 2:52 pm
I have got the 1204 as well.
I only get input signal from input 1/2, so I have to mute the channels that I don't want to record which it’s not convenient.
Apparently the reason for this is that its not a multitrack recorder, correct me if I am wrong.
Also it doesn't sound really good, I get a lot of noise when monitoring/recording
By collargrip_cristian Mon May 16, 2022 11:04 pm
Cris_Tyan wrote:I have got the 1204 as well.
I only get input signal from input 1/2, so I have to mute the channels that I don't want to record which it’s not convenient.
Apparently the reason for this is that its not a multitrack recorder, correct me if I am wrong.
Also it doesn't sound really good, I get a lot of noise when monitoring/recording

I've had a similar experience when I got a zoom L-20 and was confused that only channels 1+2 were recognized, same with my Allen Heath Zed10fx. The distinction is how many usb tracks in AND out are there as an audio interface? For example the zed10fx is 10 in/ 2 out. That means the mpc will only be able to send audio out on two channels. The Zoom L-20 says "22 in/4 out USB audio interface". Whereas a signature 22mtk is 22 in/20 out, or the Tascam model 12 is 12 in/ 10 out. Doesn't have to be a multitrack recorder btw.

Unfortunately all of that is moot because it seems that for the mixers that are class compliant and compatible, playback works beautifully - but when you try to record anything in the looper, as a sample, or audio track or whatever, there are digital artifacts. Crackles and pops that seem to be a side effect. That has been my experience. Hopefully this helps