MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SV1200 Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:27 pm
Seems like the filter section is in a different place now, as it's been replaced by LFO in the warp sample section area. Where / how can I access that old filter page?
By Monotremata Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:19 pm
Dont feel bad, I figured out the envelope page right away but it still took me a while to figure out the actual filter was right there on the left haha. I was running around going 'WHERE TF DID THE DAMN FILTER GO??'.
By DokBrown Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm
I haven’t upgraded yet but this seems convoluted. I appreciate new features/options but well thought out hardware should be sweet & simple. Workflow is 1 of the few places where hardware can truly beat a modern desktop/DAW.

While I am still going to sell it, I like the digital filter section on the new electribe 2. 3 knobs & 3 buttons make it EZ to work thru the 6 filter models. I only wish the buttons were bigger and better spaced out. Replace the korg encoders with chromacaps and its a rather sweet experience.
By NearTao Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 pm
I tried to love my Electribes (been through six of them)... but none of them ever stuck for me. I found them to be the opposite I guess... something that was on the surface pretty simple, but not quite deep enough for where I wanted them to go. Definitely a lot of great music written on them though... so I think it just didn't flow with my mindset and workflow.
By Monotremata Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:09 pm
DokBrown wrote:I haven’t upgraded yet but this seems convoluted. I appreciate new features/options but well thought out hardware should be sweet & simple. Workflow is 1 of the few places where hardware can truly beat a modern desktop/DAW.

While I am still going to sell it, I like the digital filter section on the new electribe 2. 3 knobs & 3 buttons make it EZ to work thru the 6 filter models. I only wish the buttons were bigger and better spaced out. Replace the korg encoders with chromacaps and its a rather sweet experience.

To be fair, they did clean up and streamline alot of the UI in spots so it is a bit better, they just forgot to tell people where they moved the damn filter haha.
By DokBrown Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:21 pm
Monotremata wrote:
DokBrown wrote:I haven’t upgraded yet but this seems convoluted. I appreciate new features/options but well thought out hardware should be sweet & simple. Workflow is 1 of the few places where hardware can truly beat a modern desktop/DAW.

To be fair, they did clean up and streamline alot of the UI in spots so it is a bit better, they just forgot to tell people where they moved the damn filter haha.

I haven’t upgraded yet, just dropping my 2 cents.

I reserve final judgement on anything until I’ve used it
Heavy for 3-6 months
Light for 1-2 years.
By jpeg Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 pm
NearTao wrote:I tried to love my Electribes (been through six of them)... but none of them ever stuck for me. I found them to be the opposite I guess... something that was on the surface pretty simple, but not quite deep enough for where I wanted them to go. Definitely a lot of great music written on them though... so I think it just didn't flow with my mindset and workflow.

Agree I loved the electribes but they did not develop in the way i wanted; I liked the esx1 the best; but i did like some of the sounds on the grey electribe2.

That king korg synth engine really had some thick killer bass