MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Guyi1 Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:19 am
Hi guys, I have the following problem. When I'm going to sample by line from my focusrite 2i4 a static noise comes through the plugs. Has anyone had this problem? For some moments the noise stops
By Ultros Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:30 am
Using rca, xlr, ts or trs ? if you're using rca they are subject to all sorts of localized interference. Make sure non of your cables are resting on power cords.

Next is if you are powering that soundcard using the mpc's usb port you likely arent supplying it with enough power and its possibly browning out. Using an externally powered usb hub may correct it for you.

Sadly i cant see into your set up but if you give details on your set up, hardware, config and cabling we may be able to shed some light.
By 2eviL_cmpiaka_A_404-PS_dnaloR Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:14 pm
Guyi1 wrote:Hi guys, I have the following problem. When I'm going to sample by line from my focusrite 2i4 a static noise comes through the plugs. Has anyone had this problem? For some moments the noise stops

Im trouble shooting noise on behringer xenyx 302 right now.

I am testing on a Roland Rubix 44 next but for right now its clipper City.

## clipper City is what I call a clipping signal, as I image a small port getting ravished by waves of sounds and the small boats are the transients being tossed about.

Probably a gain setting somewhere that Im not looking.
By Ultros Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 am
Are you powering the device off the mpc's usb port without a powered hub? An external transformer? Usb 2.0 only delivers .5 amps and usb 3.0 delivers .9 amps. Maybe it's not getting enough juice, or there's some kinda loop goin on.