MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:16 pm
There are some hidden and very useful features on 2.10:

- Shift + Playstart = Switch Metronome on/off instantly.

- Holding a sample on the left window of samplepool deletes the sample from Ram (a fast purge).

- on Sample pool, you can drag and drop the samples from the left window to the pad. You can also layer more samples on the same pad this way.

Check this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9usDg9rr9Y
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm
I believe this is another new feature:

When you change program note mapping the MPC will now also update the sequence events to match the new note mapping. In previous firmware, sequences were not updated, so after note re-mapping your sequence would no longer play correctly.

I believe this will update all tracks across all sequences in your current project (that are assigned to the program you are re-mapping).
By SakisX Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:34 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I believe this is another new feature:

When you change program note mapping the MPC will now also update the sequence events to match the new note mapping. In previous firmware, sequences were not updated, so after note re-mapping your sequence would no longer play correctly.

I believe this will update all tracks across all sequences in your current project (that are assigned to the program you are re-mapping).

Whaaaat ? This is huge improvement ...hopefully not a bug but a feature that Akai forgot to mention
Will try it at home , thanks :worthy:
By Straker Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:38 pm
2eviL_cmpiaka_A_404-PS_dnaloR wrote:Does anyone know of a way to 'tab' thru Touch UI, sans touching?

You can ask Houdini.
By maerteijn Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 am
Track mute behaviour is working again as it should! So it changed behaviour in 2.6 or 2.7: When you muted a track with a midi note triggering a long sample, it wasn't triggered at all when the track was muted. Now only the audio is muted, so unmuting gives us audio again!
By SakisX Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:55 pm
But still you can’t play a muted track , although I bought my Mpc later it would be cool to mute the track and jam . But I guess you can always copy the program and assign it to other track
By ace_of_dub Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:38 pm
SakisX wrote:But still you can’t play a muted track , although I bought my Mpc later it would be cool to mute the track and jam . But I guess you can always copy the program and assign it to other track

You can route a MIDI track to a Program track. Then just mute the MIDI track to mute MIDI events. You can always play the original sounds on the Program track; To me it makes much more sense to give the choice to either Mute actual AUDIO or MIDI events, that's how you do it. If your notes are on the Program track, the audio is Muted. If your notes are on the MIDI track then only note events are muted.
By Rank31 Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:29 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:
SakisX wrote:But still you can’t play a muted track , although I bought my Mpc later it would be cool to mute the track and jam . But I guess you can always copy the program and assign it to other track

You can route a MIDI track to a Program track. Then just mute the MIDI track to mute MIDI events. You can always play the original sounds on the Program track; To me it makes much more sense to give the choice to either Mute actual AUDIO or MIDI events, that's how you do it. If your notes are on the Program track, the audio is Muted. If your notes are on the MIDI track then only note events are muted.

How do you do this MIDI routing ? With a cable ?
By ANTIKLVN Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:13 pm
Rank31 wrote:How do you do this midi routing ? With a cable ?

In midi track when you tap the little eye logo to show channel you can find routing settings..