MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By nobuo Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 pm
I get this error on startup:
Audio Device Error
No internal audio device found!

Then MPC shuts down.

Occationally it proceeds a bit and I get this error:
Audio Device Error
Error: Specified configuration may not be supported by the device.
Code: -19

After few hours of restarting the device I rarely get to the initial screen and can start with a project, but as I'm browsing samples the system halts and/or I get this:
Audio Device Error
Failed to open Capture Stream.

I'm running version 2.10.
I took out the SSD (that has the synthcontent) and all cables except the power, but the errors persist.
Any ideas what's going on? this looks serious. :(
By SakisX Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:36 pm
plug an external compatible audio interface and check if it works
By Monotremata Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:27 pm
Thats your internal "sound card" failing for some reason. Sounds like the software is installed but the hardware isn't responding correctly and crashing. Id try re-flashing the firmware (redownload a fresh copy just to be sure its not corrupted too). As soon as it reboots, reset all the preferences and try again. If that still comes up after that, Id give Akai a call cause you've got an issue with the audio interface inside the unit.
By nobuo Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:34 pm
So I returned my MPCX to the store and they sent it to repair (it's still under warranty).
Today I got my MPCX back, but the reason for the failure is still unknown. They only informed the store that they fixed it.
Hopefully it works longer this time.
By CMP4591 Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:13 pm
Any idea on what this issue could be? I am currently having the same issue. Started last night, after re-entering Standalone mode. Called customer support, and did a force update. Issue persists.
By nobuo Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 am
That's the annoying thing. I tried to ask what it is. Maybe it comes back and I could fix it myself, but the shop clerk staid that only responce from akai was that "it's fixed now".

Maybe You should also contact the place where You bought it?
If your device is under warranty like mine is You should be able to send it for repairs.

How old is Your device? What version is it running?
If my device was out of warranty, I would have opened it up and checked any bad connections / solders.