MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Art James Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:05 am
this is in standalone mode
After watching andy on youtube i got a model 12 everything works great
only thing is when i go to record audio back into mpc via usb i only get audio from inputs 11,12 no sound comes from any other input
any idea why i can not get audio from inputs 1-10 that i have sounds routed to from the mpc to the model 12 then back into the audio input on mpc just like the video on youtube?
By Wul Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Art James wrote:this is in standalone mode
only thing is when i go to record audio back into mpc via usb i only get audio from inputs 11,12 no sound comes from any other input
any idea why i can not get audio from inputs 1-10 that i have sounds routed to from the mpc to the model 12 then back into the audio input on mpc just like the video on youtube?

Don’t know if it helps , but I have a behringer 8 I/o interface connected to the USB port , also I have an behringer adat 8 I/o connected to that . The first one shows up as inputs 1-8 the second strangely shows up as inputs 11-18 , so I’m guessing your problem is related to what I describe.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:11 pm
The model 12 has a setting which either routes all audio to 11/12, i.e. the stereo 'mix' of all inputs (I assume this is the default), or allows you to access individual inputs (i.e. select input 5 as your MPC audio track input, and you'll hear the audio coming into the tascam channel 5) .

Can't remember the name of it, but it's in the settings, and there are not many settings so should be easy to find.
By Monotremata Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:07 pm
Wul wrote:Don’t know if it helps , but I have a behringer 8 I/o interface connected to the USB port , also I have an behringer adat 8 I/o connected to that . The first one shows up as inputs 1-8 the second strangely shows up as inputs 11-18 , so I’m guessing your problem is related to what I describe.

That because the digital SPDIF is 9-10. You know the inputs and outputs on the back of the unit are numbered and show you what is what?
By BeatWilson Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 pm
I was wondering if anyone has use the Tascam 16 instead of the 12 of 24 with a mpc one/live/x and how was there experience. Looking for a mixer but would like more than the 12 can offer.

Thanks.
By Thomas Schackel Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The model 12 has a setting which either routes all audio to 11/12, i.e. the stereo 'mix' of all inputs (I assume this is the default), or allows you to access individual inputs (i.e. select input 5 as your MPC audio track input, and you'll hear the audio coming into the tascam channel 5) .

Can't remember the name of it, but it's in the settings, and there are not many settings so should be easy to find.

Hi,

I look in Model 12 Settings / System / USB Audio and setup to Multi.
The Displays shows aktiv PC Return Channels but its the same in the Akai Software aswell as in Controller or Standalone Mode. Input Channel 10, 11 works. Im test it in Ableton Live with the same Result.

Thx for help !
By Thomas Schackel Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:47 pm
Art James wrote:this is in standalone mode

You fix the problem? Got the same issue !