All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By cyber7 Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 am
Hi there
It is most difficult running outlook on the pc I am using for tutoring. Best is to check this posting? I am a tester, so will give only positive feedback, ok?

Page 253:
"From the chapter 011 folder, load up the project file Demo Beat.xpj"
should be "chapter 10'
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:50 am
cyber7 wrote:I am a tester, so will give only positive feedback, ok?
'

Feel free to post any type of feedback you wish here on the forum, I'm not interested in silencing any feedback on any of my products, customer feedback is what has led to many of the improvements and additional tutorials added to the MPC Bible over the years.

But when it comes specifically to bug reports, I just have a very efficient and organised email-based support system in place, so prefer to receive bug reports through that. But if that doesn't work for you I'd rather you posted here than not at all.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 pm
cyber7 wrote:Page: 112
Q-LINK PLAYHEAD...
missing from my screen

This is a bug in the actual MPC firmware, the grid settings box is too small and cuts off the final playhead option. It's there in controller mode (and should be there in the firmware). I'll update the image anyway, but I suspect it will get fixed in the next firmware update.
By KaoticShock Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 pm
Hey Tutor, since the 2.11 update is coming out June 23rd, when should we look for a 2.11 version of the MPC Bible? I'm definitely going to get it, but I want to make sure I get it after the update, with all of the new features explained. Thanks for all that you do for the community!
By KaoticShock Fri May 27, 2022 4:54 am
NearTao wrote:You get bible updates for free for the same MPC… no reason to wait

lol I have plenty of reasons to wait!
No reason to have 2 PDFs of the same document when one is the old version and the other is up to date with all the new features. I've had my MPC since 2017 and never needed the Bible.

Honestly, the only thing I want the Bible for is to learn how to auto-sample keygroups with the looper functions for infinite sustain sounds like organs, brass, Pads, etc. I just don't see the point of buying the Bible when It's about to be updated and revised in a month.

I have enough PDFs to keep track of already (Synth manuals, Drum machine manuals, Mixing secrets for the small studio, Production books, sheet music, etc.) Having two versions of the Bible would be unnecessarily redundant. I'll definitely for the 2.11 version to drop before I purchase.
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 27, 2022 7:09 am
Regarding 2.11 I'm following the same procedure as I do with all firmware updates, i.e. waiting until it's released so I know exactly what's changed and then assess what updates are needed to keep the current edition of the MPC Bible compatible. Although I am a beta tester I can never be sure which features will make the final 'cut', so I've learnt to wait until it's officially out before committing to updates from my end. How long this whole process takes depends on how busy I am with other projects. Sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes longer.

Regarding the comments about bible updates being free, yes, minor updates to the current edition (to ensure ongoing firmware compatibility) have always been free, 15 of these over the past 5 years. Major updates (e.g. MPC Bible 2) will be offered at a discount for owners of a previous edition.

I am loosely working on MPC Bible 2, featuring completely new tutorials and lots of other cool stuff. But this is a 2023 thing, maybe even 2024.
By NearTao Fri May 27, 2022 4:48 pm
Fair enough tutor... didn't mean to create confusion. Just didn't see the reason to wait for 2.11 to read/purchase the MPC Live/X/One Bible... is all. :D

Keep it up, will absolutely pick up a new edition MPC Bible when you make it available.
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 27, 2022 6:30 pm
NearTao wrote:Fair enough tutor... didn't mean to create confusion. Just didn't see the reason to wait for 2.11 to read/purchase the MPC Live/X/One Bible... is all. :D

i agree, it won't make any difference, if you buy the bible now you'll get the 2.11 updated version at no charge. Just replace the existing 2.10 edition.

The other comment wasn't a dig at anyone, it's just that people often say that the bible is always updated for free (forever), but that's not strictly true and it's never been advertised that way.

I've been happy to put out these free minor updates after a firmware release, but I don't want to be confined to the existing course structure forever, I have plenty of new tutorials and workflows that I've been working on, basically a completely new course from the ground up, including new ideas that will really enhance the learning process. Onwards and upwards!
By sl23 Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:36 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:...if you buy the bible now you'll get the 2.11 updated version at no charge. Just replace the existing 2.10 edition.

The other comment wasn't a dig at anyone, it's just that people often say that the bible is always updated for free (forever), but that's not strictly true and it's never been advertised that way.

I've been happy to put out these free minor updates after a firmware release, but I don't want to be confined to the existing course structure forever, I have plenty of new tutorials and workflows that I've been working on, basically a completely new course from the ground up, including new ideas that will really enhance the learning process. Onwards and upwards!

I have just purchased the MPC Bible and wanted to thank you for your efforts. I did wonder how it worked with regards to updating the MPCB to reflect newer firmwares. I take it you've been offering these for free? But are planning a refreshed, updated edition? Any idea how much?

Thanks again and apologies for my frustrations at the start! Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase of my MPC Live 2, just wish they'd made it possible to use the whole MIDI thing via USB without the MPC software an option. Can't have everything I suppose!!! ;)

Out of curiosity, is it possible to suggest new features to Akai? Or do we just hope they decide to implement things users want?
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:35 pm
sl23 wrote:I have just purchased the MPC Bible and wanted to thank you for your efforts. I did wonder how it worked with regards to updating the MPCB to reflect newer firmwares. I take it you've been offering these for free? But are planning a refreshed, updated edition?

Yes, I feel it's time to re-assess things considering how the MPC has evolved over the past few years, plus there seems to be a much broader range of users now with different priorities, so I'm working on new workflows, new book features, and a new course structure.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to suggest new features to Akai? Or do we just hope they decide to implement things users want?

Email them with your thoughts. We also have a feature suggestion topic here which, while 'unofficial', I am fairly confident that Akai do read it.
By sl23 Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:22 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I'll post my requests there and try emailing too, just in case ;)
That is an insanely long request list! Can't see me having much luck, but no harm trying, right?!