All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 pm

MPC Bible 2.10 update now available!

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/

Every chapter in the book has seen many updates, with hundreds of updated screenshots, all existing tutorials updated and tweaked with additional content to cover new features such as drum FX, randomisation, tail length, key detection, new FX, portamento, USB audio support, note off pad play, pitch envelope and much more!

Existing owners can download for FREE from their File Bank:

If you're thinking of purchasing the MPC Bible you can find a complete breakdown of all the tutorials in the course here:

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/
By Kypresso Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:59 pm
Hi, i was logged in and clicked on the link in your post to purchase the mpc bible. When i tried to checkout and buy the bible it wanted me to log in again and when i tried i got the message, "The email address and password combination could not be found our the database.". (I think it should be "found in our" but i digress.)
By synaptyx Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:40 pm
In chapter 017 Building Velocity Sensitive Kits & Sequences - it says "First, start with a new blank project (MAIN > PROJECT folder icon > NEW). In the BROWSER, navigate to the chapter 017 folder and single tap the ‘Multisampled Drums’ sub folder." The only folder in there is 'Kits.' Is that the right folder?

:hmmm:
By BLVCK-_-BVSTID Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:37 pm
I’ve owned Tutor’s MPC Bible for a few years. Every time I finally think I have an opportunity to dive in the firmware version changes. I’ll go through it bits at a time since I’m a family man, put it down for awhile, and when I get to it there’s a new version available. All things said, every time I do get to it the book gets better and better with the teachings and explanations. Hats off to you tutor, and thanks for not charging for the updates. Overall the purchase is definitely worth it. Wouldn’t mind seeing a video series if it though. I hate staring at PDFs because of the white contrast on laptops or hand held devices. I’d definitely purchase that.
By fmq75 Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:04 am
Great book but i have a problem with the epub version in books (on a macbook M1,big sur).

The table of content is a pop down menu but whenever i click on an entry the menu just disappears but nothing happened.

it works with other epubs
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:15 pm
fmq75 wrote:Great book but i have a problem with the epub version in books (on a macbook M1,big sur).

The table of content is a pop down menu but whenever i click on an entry the menu just disappears but nothing happened.

it works with other epubs

Hi, I've just checked this and it works in iBooks on my Mac (Mojave) and no problem on an iPad and iphone, but not on my wife's computer (M1 Big Sur). I will see what I can do to fix this.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:39 pm
It's a weird one as it's working perfectly fine in the latest Apple Books app on my iPad Pro and on an iPhone 12, which are the target devices for the 'EPUB' version (the PDF is usually the format used on computers - TOC working fine in that) . It's also working fine in all other ereader apps I've tried. It's just the current version of Books on the M1 Mac that seems to not like the table of contents.

If I use the 'raw' EPUB export from my word processor I can get it to work on the M1, but at the expense of some formatting oddness and the book is about three times the size . I'll keep on searching for a workaround, but if you want I can send you the working M1 version, however it doesn't have the embedded header fonts so looks a little different. Please email me at [email protected] and in it confirm your order email or order number and I'll sort that out for you.
By fmq75 Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:30 pm
many thanks,appreciated!

The epub is more enjoyable to read for me and i can choose another background colour (the dark grey looks pretty much like this forum :) ) .Preview in mac is fine but a bit too limited and the freeware pdf reader i have has ads.

Mail sent
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 pm
I've sent the updated version over to you. I re-built the epub from scratch and ensured it's all 100% validated to latest EPUB standards, the existing version obviously has something in it that the M1 didn't like, but TBH I'm not sure what it was. But I've adjusted the workflow for creating the epub version and all seems fine now. I've also reduced the file size back down to normal and fixed the embedded fonts issue. I'm going to update the 'live' version later in the week once I've double checked the new version also works fine in other devices, but the version I've sent you seems fine in M1 macs.