All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By Elpimpo Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:55 am
MPC-Tutor, Thank you for the quick work. Especially for letting legacy owners continue to get the updates free!
Very reasonably priced.
Im always recommending the Bible.

You the man.
By MuddyRunner Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Got my first MPC, an MPC One, a few days ago. Up until then I'd used Ableton on PC exclusively. Was starting to feel a bit... stale and hoped a completely new medium might push me in some new directions.

I'm a great believer in the idea that you need basic fluency in the tools you're using otherwise you just end up frustrated and confused, and nothing kills creativity quicker than that. Previously I had really struggled to do anything with Ableton until I did a proper structured training course and I wanted something similar for MPC.

I've been working through The Bible for a couple of days now and I have to say it is excellent. The level is pitched really well, and it expects you to remember lessons learned earlier so sometimes you have to work out again how to find a particular feature or function. I like that because it means you have to do some work rather than just blindly following along. Shouldn't be more than a few days now before I feel able to take off the training wheels and actually WRITE SOMETHING.

Nice job, MPC-Tutor!
By cyber7 Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 pm
Is there any non-profit pricing on this?
By Cinetrax Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:33 pm
Hi,

I'm a bit late to this party but as I cannot update to 2.10 (not macOS High Sierra compatible), I would like to know if it's still possible to buy a 2.9 Bible Edition ?

And if it's available, how do I order it through mpc-samples ?

Thanks !
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:45 pm
Cinetrax wrote:Hi,

I'm a bit late to this party but as I cannot update to 2.10 (not macOS High Sierra compatible), I would like to know if it's still possible to buy a 2.9 Bible Edition ?

And if it's available, how do I order it through mpc-samples ?

Thanks !

Just order the current edition and afterwards send an email to [email protected] and I'll send you a link to the 2.9 edition.
By CookieD Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 am
Bought this a few weeks ago with low expectations. I’ve been using my MPC one religiously for nearly a year so I was not expecting to learn much from this. Boy was I wrong. Every section has some great nuggets for even experienced users. I’m finally able to use the Audio tracks properly !! Can’t recommend this highly enough. Worth every cent.
By cyber7 Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:36 pm
I have just (2 days ago) bought the Bible for Black Friday :)

On page 46 (the file layout structure) - mine does display, but different sorting than the bible. Is there a "sort" option?

Cheers
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:53 pm
cyber7 wrote:I have just (2 days ago) bought the Bible for Black Friday :)

On page 46 (the file layout structure) - mine does display, but different sorting than the bible. Is there a "sort" option?

Cheers

In the browser,hit the gear icon on the right side, choose which columns to show. You can then tap the column headers to sort by that column. If you carry on reading to page 48 you'll see I explain this in the grey box.
By cyber7 Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:41 am
AHHH :) - So easy!
By cyber7 Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:05 am
Another q:
On page 77 (bottom) you say there should be an off at the top-right of the screen. I have "16" in this value, although the note-repeat is set to off. Is this correct?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:39 am
Good spot, this needs updating as they have now changed this. Previously we didn't have a separate 'global timing correct' parameter, to turn off quantizing we just set TC to OFF. Now there is no TC:OFF, instead TC must have a value (e.g. 1/16, 1/8 etc) and to turn off quantizing we instead set global timing correct to OFF.

This top left parameter can no longer be used to turn off quantizing, nor can we use the mentioned note repeat button method.

So, to turn off quantize in grid, use SHIFT > TC > 'Global timing correct: OFF'.

I'll get this fixed in the next update.
By cyber7 Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:25 am
Page: 112
Q-LINK PLAYHEAD...
missing from my screen
Page: 124
The green COPIED EVENTS should be from bar 5-6 (not 4-6)