MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavejockey Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:14 am
i do agree there's some latency when recording a clocked loop, especially in the beginning which results in the end tick(s)/sounds recorded overdue/over
By SakisX Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:43 pm
colonyrecords wrote:Nobody using the looper?

nope , it's only use is for sampling , since the sampler doesn't have the ability to stop recording after some measures
By Straker Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:58 pm
SakisX wrote:
colonyrecords wrote:Nobody using the looper?

nope , it's only use is for sampling , since the sampler doesn't have the ability to stop recording after some measures

Yeah same here.
But if they put it as a looper track next to others on main page, so we can use insert fx and sends on it, I would use it a lot.
At the moment I just use it to sample in sync and that's it.
Missed opportunity.
By Selahl Tapes Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:17 am
I use the looper like this, record a few Yamaha CP layers, overdub etc effect tweaking for some textures. Then convert to sample. Select a pad I want the loop on and use the step sequencer to trigger the loop and it stays in time with your song. Very quick and in use this a lot of vocal layers to
By Straker Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 pm
Selahl Tapes wrote:I use the looper like this, record a few Yamaha CP layers, overdub etc effect tweaking for some textures. Then convert to sample. Select a pad I want the loop on and use the step sequencer to trigger the loop and it stays in time with your song. Very quick and in use this a lot of vocal layers to

Very quick?
Ahahahah.
By Straker Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm
SakisX wrote:Hopefully , AKAI will take advantage of Clip mode and we'll use it as looper

I would make a clip track and a looper track next to drum program, keygroups, plugins etc.
So clips and loopers would be inside mpc workflow.
Now they are just external modes, not inside the channel mixer/insert fx/sends/ routing architecture.
So I never use them at the moment.
By arnou Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:27 pm
My solution is:
1. Recording in LOOPER freely without SYNC. Simply record without overdub.
2. Record at least in double lenght. Eg 2 bar long loop coming from a drum machine, record it in 4 bar.
3. Order the record to a Pad in a program.
4. Place the first step of the pad in the step sequencer.
5. Go to program edit, select the pad.
6. While playing, find the start point properly, even at the middle of the sample. (thats why to record the loop in double length) Also set the end point properly with zooming.
By e-Brainz Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:49 pm
I am very new to the MPC but I hate latency and I do use the looper, and so far I haven't noticed any latency when recording live instruments over a beat playing on the MPC.

arnou wrote:My solution is:
1. Recording in LOOPER freely without SYNC. Simply record without overdub.
2. Record at least in double lenght. Eg 2 bar long loop coming from a drum machine, record it in 4 bar.
3. Order the record to a Pad in a program.
4. Place the first step of the pad in the step sequencer.
5. Go to program edit, select the pad.
6. While playing, find the start point properly, even at the middle of the sample. (thats why to record the loop in double length) Also set the end point properly with zooming.

Wouldn't it be more straightforward to just use the sampler for this? Record, edit, assign.
By Elijah Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:06 am
The looper is useful for playing external instruments, and the sampler is useful for recording sound sources.
By wavejockey Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:35 am
in the looper you can set start / end point precisely (respectively to the beat) , you cannot do that in the sampler