MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Droe33 Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:24 am
I picked up one when they first came out. It had some faulty pads and I had to return it.
It was like the pads were floating a bit, or there was more space between the rubber and the sensor.
I remember showing my local shop and they instantly noticed.
By 0011 Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:56 pm
I bought a mpc live 2 black 10 months ago. I never used a mpc before so I didn't know what to expect from the pads but I was a bit disappointed.
When I press the center of the pads they respond with a lot of dubbel triggers. I noticed the sides of the pads respond much better with lesser dubbel triggers.
I have played a bit with the sensitivity settings but that didn't change much.
I never thought about the fact that my unit could be faulty.. Just thought it was user error as I not have much finger drumming experience..
By MPC-Tutor Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:51 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Do the regular pads feel physically different than the retro ones, more sturdy and less rubbery or something? I'm wondering if it would be possible to retro-fit regular pads on the retro to get an even response.

I don't have the retro 2 here any more so cannot compare direct, but I don't remember them being obviously softer. It really could just be that I got a dud. I asked Mike from MPCstuff about it and he reckons he's not experienced this before on any of the units he's handled
Byanon_dkoi94jddj Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 pm
I recently got a brand new Live 2 the original black one, and I get multiple triggers too it happens quite often, but it doesn't happen as much around the edge of the pads, changing pad sensitivity doesn't really help either
By Asadthedudd Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 am
Droe33 wrote:I picked up one when they first came out. It had some faulty pads and I had to return it.
It was like the pads were floating a bit, or there was more space between the rubber and the sensor.
I remember showing my local shop and they instantly noticed.

did you get a replaced unit?
By Asadthedudd Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:07 pm
Droe33 wrote:yeah. when I showed to it to an employee he could tell right away. It was only 2 pads. they were a bit squishier than the others.

So how is your new replaced live 2 retro? are the middle of the pads same as the corner of the pads in sensitivity. Hows the sensitivity in general as well
By Ultros Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:23 am
I had this issue with my mpc one, i fixed it by using a phillips screw driver (of the correct size) to tighten the screws on the casing to pinch it all together a bit better and it was solved (in my case).
By fmq75 Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:58 pm
I have inconsistent sensitivity on my one retro as well.Tapping/drumming on the edges is very precise and nice to play but straight in the middle of a pad not so much.Sometimes not registering a tap.At least no unwanted double trigger or something like that.

It`s not a really big deal to me but maybe i should give the"tighten screws" a try anyway
By Asadthedudd Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:33 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:FWIW, I sent my MPC One Retro back to Thomann to get the pad responsiveness fixed. If it's really crap by design, as is presumed, it won't help anything, but at least I tried.

I did some research. Some people say "pads take time to break in" and all that.

However, i bought live 2 and mpc one. My one pads responded to light touches where as my live 2 retro was missing some hits.

I dont know how true breaking the pads in theory is but im confused right now maybe its true maybe not. Some also say they never had to break the pads in. Also, if that was the case, it would've been same with my MPC one as well. I also asked for replacement on my live 2 retro