MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By StratfordJohn Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:27 pm
Hi, I have posted this question in another thread but alas no answer yet.

If I connect a class compliant audio interface to a Live II (in my case it will be a Roland MC-101), can I direct the output of the Roland to the Live's speaker? Or will the only outputs be from the Roland (or any other interface)?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks.
By StratfordJohn Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am
If only Akai would allow different input/output interfaces, like computers DAWs do. Then it would be great to add class compliant synths/boxes to the MPC via a single USB cable, with the MPC handling the output audio.

That would be great for me.
By 83dude Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:27 am
StratfordJohn wrote:If only Akai would allow different input/output interfaces, like computers DAWs do.

Not all allow this, since drift correction highly disturbs sample rate accuracy and produces audible jitter.
By StratfordJohn Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:42 pm
83dude wrote:
StratfordJohn wrote:If only Akai would allow different input/output interfaces, like computers DAWs do.

Not all allow this, since drift correction highly disturbs sample rate accuracy and produces audible jitter.

Well all the ones I've used allow it - Reason, Logic, Studio One and of course Akai MPC (software)
By NearTao Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:32 pm
Yes, computer DAWs allow this... and you have multiple ways to set buffer size to adjust latency... along with delay compensation.

None of this is implemented on the MPC at this time in the standalone firmware, so you cannot adjust buffer size, audio interface bit depth, sample rate, or other factors.

Maybe it will come in the future, and honestly as a first step we at least can predict where they are going with all of this.