MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Byanon_dkoi94jddj Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 am
Hello all, I am a new MPC user, coming from Maschine Mk3, and only received my MPC 2 days ago, so far I am loving it and exploring it with an Arturia Microfreak too. There are a few things that I don't know about both hardware that I am getting through using the manuals.

The only issues I have encountered so far are with the MPC:
-The first one is a popup notification that keeps telling me to download new content in order to use the new sounds on the MPC. This started after I updated to the new firmware, I have downloaded the new synth content and the additional expansions too so I don't think anything is missing, I disabled the notification but I am still not sure if there is something I am missing. I did notice some people on this forum had the same notification and had to disable it.

-The second issue is with Splice, I have installed a 512Gb SSD which all my sounds, expansions etc. are on. After signing into Splice and syncing all my samples onto the SSD, I have been getting the error Download directory could not be found every time I choose to create a new project. If I go into settings and attempt to download and sync new samples it works just fine, but then when I close my current project and go to the projects page I get the error. I have no idea how to solve this, I can access the Splice folder and use the samples just fine, so there doesn't seem to be a problem. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue as it is really annoying.
By bertiebassett Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:43 pm
New MPC Live user here too, and also get the same Splice error when creating a new project after setting my download directory to an installed SSD. Here's what I think is happening: when you select 'New project' is looks like the MPC is basically rebooting to clear everything and I suspect that Splice is looking for the download directory before the SSD actually gets mounted. I say this because I also get the same error on startup, and it appears almost immediately, probably before the SSD has had time to mount and be accessible to the OS, and because I do not get the error if I move the download directory to the internal drive. I've just learned to ignore it!

I also had the 'additional content' error after updating to the latest OS. I downloaded everything I could find in my Akai account and installed it and it still didn't go away. I finally just chose the 'don't show again' option!
By Michael Porthouse Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:30 am
Arcadia wrote:The second issue is with Splice, I have installed a 512Gb SSD which all my sounds, expansions etc. are on. After signing into Splice and syncing all my samples onto the SSD, I have been getting the error Download directory could not be found every time I choose to create a new project. If I go into settings and attempt to download and sync new samples it works just fine, but then when I close my current project and go to the projects page I get the error. I have no idea how to solve this, I can access the Splice folder and use the samples just fine, so there doesn't seem to be a problem. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue as it is really annoying.

I inadvertently synced my Splice samples to the internal drive on my new Live Retro. After switching location to my SSD and deleting from my internal drive I now have the exact same issue. From my troubleshooting there seems no way to fix this. Sigh.
Byanon_dkoi94jddj Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:50 pm
I have contacted AKAI about it, someone came back to me and advised using the Internal Drive instead, but I told them that would defeat the purpose of attaching a drive to the MPC, and since the internal drive barely has any free space it is not really ideal. Hopefully, AKAI is looking into it and finding a solution.
By fmq75 Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:38 pm
I get this same message on my mpc one+ when it‘s connected to the internet every time i boot or create a new project. I don‘t even use slice! Very annoying, any way i can get rid of this message?

On my old one retro or force i don‘t have this problem.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:37 pm
fmq75 wrote:I get this same message on my mpc one+ when it‘s connected to the internet every time i boot or create a new project. I don‘t even use slice! Very annoying, any way i can get rid of this message?

1. Reset your system Preferences
2. On both your "Activate Plugins" page as well as your Splice page, make sure the destination folder is selected to be user attached storage (either an SD Card you provide or a USB stick/drive) - do *NOT* use the Internal Storage. For anything. :nod:
3. Make sure you are connected to WiFi.
4. Then sync/login to Splice, and also activate/download any plugins you have or want.
5. Anytime you turn your MPC+ on, the user attached storage *MUST* be attached first, before starting a new Project.

Let me know if that helps.
By fmq75 Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:03 pm
EnochLight wrote:
fmq75 wrote:I get this same message on my mpc one+ when it‘s connected to the internet every time i boot or create a new project. I don‘t even use slice! Very annoying, any way i can get rid of this message?

1. Reset your system Preferences
2. On both your "Activate Plugins" page as well as your Splice page, make sure the destination folder is selected to be user attached storage (either an SD Card you provide or a USB stick/drive) - do *NOT* use the Internal Storage. For anything. :nod:
3. Make sure you are connected to WiFi.
4. Then sync/login to Splice, and also activate/download any plugins you have or want.
5. Anytime you turn your MPC+ on, the user attached storage *MUST* be attached first, before starting a new Project.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

But as i‘ve written, i don‘t use splice and therefore i don‘t have the option to select the sd card in the slice tab. So you are saying i need to create a slice account to get rid of this message? Nice try, akai :mrgreen:

edit:reset preferences with inserted sd card seemed to works.Thanks again :!:
By jayneural Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:42 pm
Hi everyone,

I've fixed this problem with Splice (also not even had a Splice account) on my MPC One+. This is how I did :

- I updated to version 2.12.2, which related a shortcuts on Places issue (which I believe is related to media mounting sequence).

- After updating I still had the error, but as soon as I reselected my SD card inside the Preferences / Activate Plugins screen and rebooted, the issue disappeared.

I didn't even have to reset my preferences.