MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kortes Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:53 am
Hi guys,

I can't save my Q links settings on project tab, I can set every Q links in parameters I want, this work well, then I save the project. But when i relaunch my project, all my setting of Qlinks on project tab have disappeared... :hmmm:

Miss I something to do ?

Thanks
By marguloops Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:56 am
Yeah. I have found this one as well. My testing indicates that it is a problem with mapping parameters of effects inserted on Submix or Return tracks. It's the exact same problem for MIDI Learn with these particular parameter/track type combos. Would be very interested to know if that's what you're seeing or if you've discovered some other angle of this problem.

I have contacted Akai, and I think it would be great if everyone who has seen this problem could report it via email and phone! I also called a couple of days ago...the guy I spoke at first seemed to think his system did not have this problem, but I was pretty persistent about explaining that it's a narrow use case that not everyone would bump into :)

There's also a brief discussion of this problem on the Reddit MPC forum, and in the bug reports on this site.
By djst Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 am
Fwiw, no problems with remembering project wide q knob settings here, but I don't map them to sub mixes but rather programs.
By elstebbano Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:23 am
Bit offtopic, but all my q-links assignments are not loaded from older projects with the new Firmware. After I reassigned them, they are saved, though..
By Straker Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:40 pm
elstebbano wrote:Bit offtopic, but all my q-links assignments are not loaded from older projects with the new Firmware. After I reassigned them, they are saved, though..

Same here.
As I load projects saved with 2.9 on 2.10, qlinks settings are messed up, some of them are right, some are missing, some are linked to other parameters.
As I set all qlinks again and save the project, all is fine.
By Kortes Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:21 am
marguloops wrote:Yeah. I have found this one as well. My testing indicates that it is a problem with mapping parameters of effects inserted on Submix or Return tracks. It's the exact same problem for MIDI Learn with these particular parameter/track type combos. Would be very interested to know if that's what you're seeing or if you've discovered some other angle of this problem.

I have contacted Akai, and I think it would be great if everyone who has seen this problem could report it via email and phone! I also called a couple of days ago...the guy I spoke at first seemed to think his system did not have this problem, but I was pretty persistent about explaining that it's a narrow use case that not everyone would bump into :)

There's also a brief discussion of this problem on the Reddit MPC forum, and in the bug reports on this site.

Hi,
yeah exactly it's in insert fx on submix, so if I understood, it's a problem with the new firmware, to bad the new firmware is frankly a bomb.
I will let a report to Akai, and hope there is a review of the firmware soon.

Thanks guys
By marguloops Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:28 pm
Hey all!

I just want to confirm that I did some additional testing and found effect parameter mapping on Submix and Return tracks to be consistently broken in 2.10 regardless of what firmware the mapping is performed in. I have also found that other mappings, such as mixer parameters (Volume, Mute, etc.) work just fine regardless of firmware version.

I would *love* to be wrong about this, so please jump in if I'm missing something.

To test, I first deleted the mappings from my old template created in 2.9, and then recreated them from scratch in 2.10. Then I created a new, empty project in 2.10 and created new mappings to Submix and Return track effect parameters.

In each case the mapped effect parameters on Submix and Return tracks were not restored when the set was reloaded.
By marguloops Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 pm
djst wrote:Fwiw, no problems with remembering project wide q knob settings here, but I don't map them to sub mixes but rather programs.

Yes, my experience is that Program mappings work great. No problems here. Just Submixes and Returns.
By eeechobravo Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:12 pm
marguloops wrote:
djst wrote:Fwiw, no problems with remembering project wide q knob settings here, but I don't map them to sub mixes but rather programs.

Yes, my experience is that Program mappings work great. No problems here. Just Submixes and Returns.

Just created an account to ask about this too (started a new subject without searching the forum first, sorry), and just wanted to add that mappings made to effects on the master tracks won't save either. Thought it could be a workaround, but no.

Really hope they fix this in the next firmware update. Can't really go back to 2.9 since almost all of the effects I want to map were released in 2.10 :(